Carlite finish

Members online

Anybody got a review on the carlite ultra ?
Mate it’s nice, perfect for smaller hits as it doesn’t hang. Mix and use as multi but keep it flat as possible. Let it go abit further than multi before first trowel but in every other aspect just treat it as multi. Best to put it on grit rather than pva.

Mate it’s nice, perfect for smaller hits as it doesn’t hang. Mix and use as multi but keep it flat as possible. Let it go abit further than multi before first trowel but in every other aspect just treat it as multi. Best to put it on grit rather than pva.
I have trust issues with grit....lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_082557485.jpg
    IMG_20200529_082557485.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
Are you sure that’s grit? Doesn’t look very ‘gritty’to me. It’s prob more the skinny joists with 9.5mm boards and some fat c**t In the loft above it looking for Xmas decorations that’s f**k*d you up there mate
Defo grit, the ceiling was down stairs and i could shell the whole ceiling off.... Luckily i did this about 8 years ago and they didn't kick off.....

This carlite is gonna fill the void in Uk , I don’t t care what anyone says there’s something not right atm getting our skim and it’s our best option to work and survive, if I had open my merchants last year I’d been stocking this to the hilt for sales

I’ve heard from two different people at different builders merchants that the gypsum plant closed due to employee that died in a accident, then you also have the coronavirus shutdown. God knows if is true but we definitely need an alternative they got you by the balls if wanted to charge £20 a bag we wud have to pay it

I’ve heard from two different people at different builders merchants that the gypsum plant closed due to employee that died in a accident, then you also have the coronavirus shutdown. God knows if is true but we definitely need an alternative they got you by the balls if wanted to charge £20 a bag we wud have to pay it
The price doesn't really bother me as at the end of the day the customer pays for the materials not me....

The price doesn't really bother me as at the end of the day the customer pays for the materials not me....
Ye I agree if it was like £10/12 a bag and we were all paying that for it, then all our prices would go up. I would happily pay that aswell if the multi was consistent and nice to use but last 12 months it’s been terrible. Hope this lockdown and restarting the b.g plant changes things

Morning as we are all aware Multi finish is like dinosaur poo unless you want to pay £40 a pop . Just asking out there if anyone has used carlite finish & what is it like to work with compared to multi finish ? I’ve been offered some carlite finish next week from a merchants as he reckons it’ll be 5/6 weeks before they get any multi in . Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_180318.jpg
    IMG_20200529_180318.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 130