Carlite Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkillie

Started plastering an old farmhouse that had been re-plasterboarded, the re-boarding in sections was piss poor so client agrees to pay extra to bond out the poor sections, now i like to float the bonding once trowelled, 2mm screw protruding max and my old man whos 61 started slaughtering me, so i told him about this site and i,m posting this question, who floats or just trowells bonding over gyproc prior to finishing? :-\ :-\

always devil float.

I levelled an entire ceiling with bonding once and just left it smooth, the customer called me back a month later. The skimming was literally falling off the bonded ceiling.

dont chance it now

richardbrown said:
always devil float.

I levelled an entire ceiling with bonding once and just left it smooth, the customer called me back a month later. The skimming was literally falling off the bonded ceiling.

dont chance it now

that don't sound too nice, suppose I've been lucky. my mates a spread of 40 years and he just trowels as well :)

I always key the bonding coat and if im skimming it the next day it always gets a coat of pva.
To besure to besure bejesus :) :)

Devil float it - Forms a key for the skimming and also if you time it right, flattens off the backing coat at the same time. No real need to PVA backing plaster as giving it a good drink of water will help to slow down the suction but I have done this before if the backing as been on to long just because its less messy than throwing bucket fulls of water at it.

I dont understand why anyone would ever trowel it? why would you want a smooth surface? if its ruled off its left open anyway so gives a perfect key, devil floating can give more of a key and take off any high spots before it sets mind you

Status
Not open for further replies.