Cardiff / supplier help needed

Members online

No members online now.

hdp160

Hi... bit of a PANIC here... I'm having a chimney breast altered for a log burner on Wednesday (two days away) ... wife has just seen bull nose rounded plastered edges on "homes under the hammer" and wants them now... does any know if the bead/trim is generally available easily in south Wales uk... (we are in Pontypridd)... any advice appreciated. Thanks Jim

Bullnose corners are carried out by hand, no beads required but patience is key to acquiring a nice angel

Thanks for that.. is that the normal way? Before I posted my request for help I tried youtube and most of the guys there were using (what appeared to be) plastic trim.. Which they "glued" on

that's not a bullnose corner then , it sounds like a arch using a plastic flexi bead most building suppliers will have them in stock

are you using sand and cement or boarding it ? sand and cement use a bullnose trowel using boards buy a bullnose bead

No.. it will be with plaster... looks like I will have to source some plaster like the stuff used for broken bones*.. My mate is making me a profile out of aluminium plate to drag around the corner to get the radius (I'm going for 1" radius)... * plaster of Paris or coving plaster.. I'll be phoning around in the morning..

No.. it will be with plaster... looks like I will have to source some plaster like the stuff used for broken bones*.. My mate is making me a profile out of aluminium plate to drag around the corner to get the radius (I'm going for 1" radius)... * plaster of Paris or coving plaster.. I'll be phoning around in the morning..
Sounds good but impractical to me cracks will appear with heat, use a profile but sand n cement is more commonly used or vitcas ( heatproof plaster), or fasten a wooden bead, i believe there called staff beads, but are not common anymore

Thanks for the ideas... I'll phone around in the morning and see what's available and what the locals are using..