Car sliding off drive!......SORTED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles65

About two months ago I renewed the concrete driveway to this place, same slope as before. It was always quite steep - something like 1 in 3 I reckon.
I told them to keep it wet for at least a month -and I know he was hosing it every day - and to keep the car off it for the same period. Anyhow, he's just been on the blower telling me that his car is sliding off the driveway :-\

He reckons he took the car to have the brakes checked over and they're fine. I'm just wondering if I can put something on the surface to give a better grip, thought about putting brick acid on to maybe lift the top off.....any ideas lads?
(I've never came accross anything like this before, I've been on to the concrete suppliers and they've never had this before either.)

Re: Car sliding off drive!......Concrete problem???

I'd want to see it slide off first. 1 in 3 isn't mega steep.

What about that anti skid shight they keep painting at junctions?

They're honest enough people though Nelly.....I've done quite a few jobs for them.
I've had a quick look at some anti-skid gear, but it all seems to be red or green ........don't know if they would want that on their driveway :-\
I'll keep looking.

You could cut shallow groves in it with a grinder.

Check out epoxy floor coatings they do anti slip and come in various colours.

Oh heres a cracking idea........................pebble dash the f*cker :D :D :D

cant you get a loads of those sticky things for catching flies ::)

Trouble is once you get skid marks on concrete they are very hard to remove.
That's what my mrs told me......... I'm sure she was on about the drive :-\

Bubbles, so is it just concrete? Or stamped & glazed concrete?

Nellys comment about pebble dash may sound silly, but there's a product called drive dash. You apply a resin, wack a load of pebbles on. Alow to dry, then brush excess off. Don't know if it'll sort the grip isue. Put a couple of blocks down so can only go that far

Yeah, I thouight about dropping a couple of bricks off ::) ;D

irish_spread said:
unibond it
Thought about SBR and silver sand, but can't see it lasting too long....maybe till the first frost, then I can blame that :)
I think I'm gonna go with the acid and see if it takes the 'shine' off it. What I really mean is I haven't got a f*ckin clue..................

Bubbles tell them to buy one of these, problem solved ;)

photo-197.jpg

I did tell them to put steps in tn start with ;)

Job sorted! Concrete hardener & dustproofer. Fkin simple when ya know really. ;)

I believe ya, but how the f**k is it sliding off the drive!? its not polished marble is it! and even that would have mega grip with rubber tyres, Ive never ever heard of a car to slide anywhere, unless it was icey, even in the wet you can park on way steeper slopes than 1in3!

Id love to see it though!

And I think nisus has the best idea, he wont go no where with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.