Can you speak polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul phone them up and offer your services, see what they say when you tell them you can't speak polish

I did have a thought then paul about that guy and his helecopter. Feck me we must be able to stop this s**t.

Gumtree winds me up. Especially when they ask for antipodean builders or carpenters. I wouldn't employ Aussies as they are lazy *****.

Did it really say that !!! have you still got the phone number and a brief description of ad , ill give em a ring

Did it really say that !!! have you still got the phone number and a brief description of ad , ill give em a ring

i copied and pasted the add , here it is

We need 2-3 fully qualified renderers / plasterers for a job in building site.
CSCS Health and Safety card is essential ,NVQ would be a bonus ...
Polish language is a must. The work is taking a place in South Yorkshire area.Start as soon as possible.You have to be excellent team worker.
tel.0750 3347473 csll me after 5pm.

Praca czeka dla Tynkarzy/ renderers.Konieczna jest karta CSCS, NVQ mile widziane, potrzebna znajomosc jezyka polskiego. Praca na terenie South Yorkshire, zaczynamy tak szybko jak to bedzie mozliwe. Musisz sie sprawdzic jako doskonaly pracownik w zespole.
nr tel. 0750 3347473. Prosze dzownic po g. 17

A sparky mate of mine was saying that its quite common, especially in London, for site agents, foremen jobs etc to have "able to speak Polish an advantage".... ive never known how true that was but this advert sort of backs it up

if i posted a job up like that and added a comment like that ie "must be able to speak good English" i would end up in a whole heap of s**t no doubts, that is absolutely disgusting, if they can't understand English how can they work on a site in England how are they supposed to be able to understand our health and safety legislation and the obvious question how did they get a cscs card if they don't understand English, it's pretty obvious they only want cheap Polish labour or it is a totally racist statement because the person contracting for the works only wants fellow polish workers , not on , i have nothing against any one wanting to work in this country as long as they pay into the system (tax, ni, pension etc) i did it my self for several years in Germany and Holland , but always made a point of becoming quite fluent in both their languages, make my blood boil this type of thing:mad:

A sparky mate of mine was saying that its quite common, especially in London, for site agents, foremen jobs etc to have "able to speak Polish an advantage".... ive never known how true that was but this advert sort of backs it up

I work in london all the time , none of the site managers i deal with speak anything than English , the workers however , well thats a different story

thats outragous is that,
that must be breaking some sort of equalities act, can you image if i advertised a post, and put no asian people need apply white english speaking only.

most of the polish spreads i see are roughe as f uck so the must be just trying to get the same standerd off work on that job

i left a site at the beginin of the year i was finishing the basement and about 15 polish decorators came down to start and all you could hear was constant, and i mean constant hocking up and gobbing on the floor, the s**t was everywhere, just told the site agent i aint comeing back to finish it till they were gone.

I was thinking of doing a marble plaster course, maybe Im better off doing a Polish plastering course:RpS_thumbup:

If not then don't bother applying for this job
Plasterer / Renderer Building Services & Maintenance Jobs Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Sheffield

I think what they really mean is we only want cheap Polish workers, so the rest of you can f**k off
Thats takin the piss and I will be givin them a call tomorrow. And when I get a minute I will put a pic on here of a job Im doin now where the easterns have been kicked off. The pic is of a set of reveals around an internal door set up with Render stops!!!! Thought I'd seen it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.