Can you pebbledash over a timber frame extention

Members online

Why wouldn't you be able to? Ply, building paper, eml for sand cement. Or cement board and mono?

Did a job a couple of weeks ago for a firm in Liverpool city center on cement board ,hpx base topped with ft,told them its not advisable because of the movement it will crack,he just said that's what they've asked for,so went ahead with it

Need some ideas

Hi Shauny

I am Richard Lord - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Tech Manager - 07918766577 - rlord@knauf.co.uk

Yes you can apply pebble dash to a TF building, using Knauf Aquapanel Exterior - BUT - As Owls has stated above, you need to ensure you use a suitable modern basecoat and mesh, then preferably a modern lightweight dash receiver. Adding a lot of weight to a timber frame means that it will shrink faster, and potentially more, thus the risk of cracking is much higher.

Modern flexible basecoats, mesh and dash receivers are lighter than S&C, and more flexible. Therefore they restrict excessive and early settlement of the TF and are less likely to shrink

You can install up to 40 kg/m2 of finish onto Aquapanel Exterior, with the frame behind at 600mm ctrs (higher if the framework behind is closer and designed to suit), but we would always advise that the finish is suitably specified and flexible enough to suit the application.

Get in touch for more assistance, if needed.

Rich

Thanks for the Tags guys - yes I was off last week... back at work for the rest after the Kids ran riot... LOL

Hi Shauny

I am Richard Lord - Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Tech Manager - 07918766577 - rlord@knauf.co.uk

Yes you can apply pebble dash to a TF building, using Knauf Aquapanel Exterior - BUT - As Owls has stated above, you need to ensure you use a suitable modern basecoat and mesh, then preferably a modern lightweight dash receiver. Adding a lot of weight to a timber frame means that it will shrink faster, and potentially more, thus the risk of cracking is much higher.

Modern flexible basecoats, mesh and dash receivers are lighter than S&C, and more flexible. Therefore they restrict excessive and early settlement of the TF and are less likely to shrink

You can install up to 40 kg/m2 of finish onto Aquapanel Exterior, with the frame behind at 600mm ctrs (higher if the framework behind is closer and designed to suit), but we would always advise that the finish is suitably specified and flexible enough to suit the application.

Get in touch for more assistance, if needed.

Rich

Thanks for the Tags guys - yes I was off last week... back at work for the rest after the Kids ran riot... LOL
Your a manager now or where you all ways one lol. Can I have a job.

Did a job a couple of weeks ago for a firm in Liverpool city center on cement board ,hpx base topped with ft,told them its not advisable because of the movement it will crack,he just said that's what they've asked for,so went ahead with it

I'd have walked away from that job. High chance of it cracking before the payment cheque got wrote.

Yes you can pebble dash over a timber frame extension, and the doors,windows, sills, path, bits of the garden, the neighbours fence, car and driveway and of course, the scaffold!!