Can you go over monocouche?

Members online

Matthew d76

Hi
I have just had my gable end rendered with monocouche ,
The gable is built with face brick from ground to first floor then block work above so have only had upper part rendered, unfortunately there was an inch and a half ledge between the face brick and the block work .

Contractor added rendaid to block work first then added bell cast bead , then monocouche . The bead only goes past the face brick by 10 mm.

Water is running down the gable and capillaries back onto the face brick .

Is it possible to attach another bead which will be 10mm lower than the original bead and apply another coat of monocouche ?

monocouche was Weber

cheers
Matt

Stop bead might be fiddly and cause problems with moisture in the joint. how about a coloured silicone dressed to a point just on the tip of the drip ,

755D77CF-E8A9-4052-ACE1-1451661812BC.jpeg
463E732F-BC50-4F00-AEF4-F6F80A0B341A.jpeg

Hi
The gable is built with face brick from ground to first floor then block work above so have only had upper part rendered, unfortunately there was an inch and a half ledge between the face brick and the block work .

Contractor added rendaid to block work first then added bell cast bead , then monocouche . The bead only goes past the face brick by 10 mm.

Is it possible to attach another bead which will be 10mm lower than the original bead and apply another coat of monocouche ?

monocouche was Weber

cheers
Matt
Was it one of those gables that used to have vertical tiles on

Inch and a half is a lot to make up, sounds like it should have been battened out aquapanel and thin coat,

Hi

monocouche was Weber

cheers
Matt
Put a couple of pictures up Matt, help people better advise (y)

Was gonna say I’d leave it as is, maybe run some clear silicone tight under the bead, sounds as he did best job he could

Was gonna say I’d leave it as is, maybe run some clear silicone tight under the bead, sounds as he did best job he could
Yeah mate he definitely did his best with it , was thinking off putting tight silicone bead under drip and maybe painting brickwork with a weathertight paint, would have baton wall out but existing block work was all over the place
Cheers

Yeah mate he definitely did his best with it , was thinking off putting tight silicone bead under drip and maybe painting brickwork with a weathertight paint, would have baton wall out but existing block work was all over the place
Cheers
Stormdry could be an alternative if you wanted to keep the face brick

Cheers
Do you intend to do the other walls , seems a bit extreme

Stormdry could be an alternative if you wanted to keep the face brick
Was thinking that maybe or like I say maybe a white weather paint to match some of the existing render on the front , not sure ? But you don’t reckon I need to extend the drip anymore then ? cheers dude

No mate wasn’t going to render the rest
Had suggested in post 3 small silicone bead to tip of drip to stop running back and thought you had jumped to painting all the brick , I misunderstood lol