Can see plasterboard joints

Toby250

Hi everyone, have a few problems with newly plastered walls, I can see the joints in insulated plasterboard and hair line cracks in places what can be done to fix this any advice would be appreciated
65C0D487-D969-42EB-80DC-14D9F203B8E7.jpeg
D95FBABB-36E6-4FC6-B52D-355C845DD7B5.jpeg
ECBA10D4-D8F9-46A2-A97E-C0854FCF2E0B.jpeg

Looks like one coat skimming, not a good idea,
Should be 2 coats. PVA it and reskim, scratch it on, lay it down, flatten it, trowel it up,go to the wall 5 times, simple.

Hi everyone, have a few problems with newly plastered walls, I can see the joints in insulated plasterboard and hair line cracks in places what can be done to fix this any advice would be appreciated View attachment 72063View attachment 72064View attachment 72065
Hi Toby, look on the bright side at least you don’t need glasses to see the joints in the plasterboard so there’s a positive otherwise that plastering is shite and I like the way the boxes have been cut out too.

Looks like one coat skimming, not a good idea,
Should be 2 coats. PVA it and reskim, scratch it on, lay it down, flatten it, trowel it up,go to the wall 5 times, simple.
Would that cause the cracks scrim tape was definitely used?

Hi Toby, look on the bright side at least you don’t need glasses to see the joints in the plasterboard so there’s a positive otherwise that plastering is shite and I like the way the boxes have been cut out too.
Bright side ,what’s wrong with the boxes

Would that cause the cracks scrim tape was definitely used?
In the old days b4 self adhesive scrim, spreads would put a bed of finish on the joints and stick bandage scrim onto the joints, perhaps the silly p##ck is still doing that method.

No was done by a pro, the builder who got him to do it insured me it was double skimmed, I’m not convinced that’s why I’ve come here for sound advice
No way that was done by a competent plasterer.
If the same person boarded it then that’s probably the reason it’s hairline cracking, could be a number of reasons incorrectly bonded/tacked etc.

No danger It’s all right that is, just the glancing light coming through the windows makes it look worse than it is

No way that was done by a competent plasterer.
If the same person boarded it then that’s probably the reason it’s hairline cracking, could be a number of reasons incorrectly bonded/tacked etc.
Can’t fault his work in other places just this room, no he didn’t board it but surely if he thought it wasn’t boarded correctly he would of said, it was all fixings no bonding