Can I scratch coat and go over next day

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Can I scratch coat mono render then double up next day then give it the scrape back as normal the weather this week has right F--- me up.

why do ya want to scratch coat mono up for mate its suppose to be done in one unless you mean using a backing coat what is it your going over

If start getting the gear on in the morning and it starts to rain then am f---ed . I am going over old brickwork ,nice bit of suction can scrape back after about 3-4 hours, so its take a chance with the weather or wait for better weather
but I have work stacking up on me I just want this job off my back.

there's no real advantage in laying on a first pass that you leave to set with mono.....do or do not mate. You can lay on mono in the rain no problem as long as the walls aren't saturated. It's the scratching day/process that you must not get wet or you'll get blotchy lime bloom and mushy looking bits that ruin it.

Hi Merlin I was told the stuff is ok to go onto brickwork, Ive done one front in it and its ok solid not boxed it's that thermocromax my problem I carnt compare it to anything else has I ve not used mono renders before.

sorry mate didnt realise it was thermocromex, havnt used it but know about product ,it is made for thermalite blocks so shouldnt be a prob, what you gotta find out is how long before its ready to scratch if only 3-4 hours like you say do it first thing scrape in afternoon dont worry bout rain as long as its not driving against or running down wall,

To be honest there is no one around my way who do this with mono renders so I could not even offer to make the tea or just labour until i feel confident to go it alone all Ive seen is you tube clips of it , i can see were i could have done better, even in the scratching am not sure if I am going at it too early what I do know if you leave to late it's a f**k**g big problem . The I section I like nice bit of kit I think I just tinker a little bit to much with the render.

if you can get down to cambridge and you dont want paying , youre welcome to tag along with us for a few days

be there 7am sharp monday morning ..weneed a bag boy ..i mean another spread lol

see they got the weather wrong today ian ...i reckon we coulda sprayed lol

Hi Merlin
Thank you for the offer mate your just a bit to far out of the way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.