Can I have your opinion on the plastering job please?

Members online

Jeri

Hi all,

I joined this forum today to get your opinion on the plastering job recently done by a local tradesman - hope that's allowed as I don't really know what else to do or how to deal with this.

My husband and me both think the job is very unprofessional (pretty much a disaster if I'm honest) and have asked the guy to make it right (he's already been paid in full). He, on the other hand, doesn't have a problem with it at all and thinks we're overreacting and has even accused us of getting personal when we messaged him the pictures and asked him why things are done in such an unprofessional manner. In addition to the poor job, he left all his rubbish laying around the property and most of the rooms covered in dust (we assumed this is due to sanding the walls and not protecting other rooms accordingly).

Please see the attached pictures - I would be very grateful of your honest opinion.

Thanks so much - appreciate your help!!
Jeri

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_170900.jpg
    IMG_20200816_170900.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20200816_170738.jpg
    IMG_20200816_170738.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 423
  • IMG_20200816_165002.jpg
    IMG_20200816_165002.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_20200816_163557.jpg
    IMG_20200816_163557.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_20200816_163518.jpg
    IMG_20200816_163518.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20200816_163249.jpg
    IMG_20200816_163249.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_20200816_162838.jpg
    IMG_20200816_162838.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 381
  • IMG_20200816_162639.jpg
    IMG_20200816_162639.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_20200816_162553.jpg
    IMG_20200816_162553.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20200816_165443.jpg
    IMG_20200816_165443.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 403
Hi all,

I joined this forum today to get your opinion on the plastering job recently done by a local tradesman - hope that's allowed as I don't really know what else to do or how to deal with this.

My husband and me both think the job is very unprofessional (pretty much a disaster if I'm honest) and have asked the guy to make it right (he's already been paid in full). He, on the other hand, doesn't have a problem with it at all and thinks we're overreacting and has even accused us of getting personal when we messaged him the pictures and asked him why things are done in such an unprofessional manner. In addition to the poor job, he left all his rubbish laying around the property and most of the rooms covered in dust (we assumed this is due to sanding the walls and not protecting other rooms accordingly).

Please see the attached pictures - I would be very grateful of your honest opinion.

Jeri
How much did you pay them and how long were they there?.

Hi all,

Jeri

im going to Wookey hole At the weekend. I’ll take some pics and we can compare notes(y)

Poor. Very poor
Questions:
Was he recommended? Why choose him? Is this a joke post? Why do you own a long level and straight edge if this is not a joke post?

Moving forward:
have nothing to do with the person. He can’t correct the work.
Some seems salvageable, Some need to re-do. Way above a DIY level moving forward imo. Need a trades man, a decent one to achieve it.
commiserations Jeri - shame if you have paid for a finish job as it needs finishing yet

Hi all,

Jeri

That is terrible.

Hi all,

Jeri
Y did u pay in full for that, are u and your husband blind

Hi all,

Jeri
Looks like a @Casper job

Hi all,

Jeri
Are you in Scotland?

Hi all,

Jeri
Was it done by Stevie Wonder Plastering Services?
I would call the Plastering police as soon as possible.

Hi all,

Jeri

That wasn't done by a local tradesman at all
It was done by a man called Sergei for a hundred quid.

Why on earth do you need a second opinion?

How the f**k did you end up handing over the money, are you blind?

Cheer up. It'll settle. Might look better when it's painted.

I think how much it cost and how long are a bit relevant - but not a lot. Terrible job, but you need to check that the OP didn't pay peanuts ansd get a blind monkey as a result. Probably not though.
The "tradesman " is clearly a bull shitter. Don't think he knew sandpaper was much less used it, its probably plaster dust from throwing the bag(s) around inside mixing up.
Highly relevant to me - why on earth did you pay them?

the plastering finish is absolutely appalling the dust in other rooms is not his fault he priced to plaster not dust your whole house and if he was just over scamming then his walls can’t be over half an inch out as you only put a couple of mil on the wall, so that wouldn’t be his fault. That said you shouldn’t have paid him. A lot of crap so called spreads are getting caught out by the setting time of Multi Finish now and also the knowledge of how to do it most of the speed skimmers and plaza super duper flexi bendable trowels are no good the stuff is like it was in the eighties and only needs a broken in carbon trowel and a bit of strength to trowel to a good finish

Reactions: GWP
On a scale of 1to10 that's a (1) show him screenshot of the posts on here!

Hi all,

Jeri
They are not a plasterer!