can i apply another coat on a previously skimmed wall?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmarc

Hi, just plastered a wall in my bathroom and on inspection some 24hrs later it not the best finish. So can apply another thin coat to make it look better even though the first attempt has still not dried. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

give it a white mist coat first. if theres only a few hollows you can easifill and sand them but if it still needs skimming the paint will stop some suction then just pva it and go again

Hi, just plastered a wall in my bathroom and on inspection some 24hrs later it not the best finish. So can apply another thin coat to make it look better even though the first attempt has still not dried. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

get a proffesional plasterer you might find one on here :rolleyes)

Look mate, what I would do is buy some of that really nice shower panel and the bushboard adhesive from IDS or similar.
Much better than plaster in a bathroom; no tiling and adds some class.

Rock on!

although if you really want, pva it, and re-skim properly this time using 2 coats please, sorted.

Get friendly with a bag if easifill and his mate, sanding pole:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.