Can finally say ive done it

BobbyJack

Been using a twitcher more and more lately working in wet angles. This morning I finally managed 4 walls on one hit plus the window reveals. Only a 2 bag bathroom bathroom and ceiling didn't need doing but I got it done in one. The edges came up alright too. Had to brush and trowel them towards the very end but they came out nice. Still got some to learn with a twitcher

Been using a twitcher more and more lately working in wet angles. This morning I finally managed 4 walls on one hit plus the window reveals. Only a 2 bag bathroom bathroom and ceiling didn't need doing but I got it done in one. The edges came up alright too. Had to brush and trowel them towards the very end but they came out nice. Still got some to learn with a twitcher
I definitely couldn't be doing the ceiling and four walls all together unless there really wasn't another option.

I've always done wet angles, I honestly can't see how splitting it is anymore effective.. spreading s**t into a dry corner and cleaning it off constantly takes longer then running a corner trowel down it IMO

Both options are viable. Personal preference
giphy.gif

I think it was more about correct timing and how to get it right. Tried years ago but couldn't do it so didn't go any further. It's only recently I've had the opportunity on a few jobs to take my time and get it right before moving onto larger areas and multiple internals at once. Still a long way off mastering it but it's to a good enough standard at the minute

We always used dute scrim to tie the ceiling into the wall before floating .
That takes me back, that was a job for apprentices get the jute scrim bedded. Then a thick coat of finish over the bedded scrim, somtimes keyed with an old water brush and finish coat applied. The walls then floated and finished. Pulling jute scrim out of old plaster is a b*****d.

Prefer hard angles if it suits... But don't mind using the bill oddie if needs be....depends on the job(y)....
Tell you what I can't do tho?...,wet angles with a trowel only:endesacuerdo:..

Prefer hard angles if it suits... But don't mind using the bill oddie if needs be....depends on the job(y)....
Tell you what I can't do tho?...,wet angles with a trowel only:endesacuerdo:..
the Bill Oddie :numberone::D that's all I'm going to call mine from now on

Always do opposites, always have and every one I have worked with alway has too. Just the way we seem to do it. Unless small hit and want away etc so soft angle but generally we do opposites.
I've always preferred to do opposites as well. My old man was the same.

Doesn’t bother me either way. The first time I ever used a corner trowel I didn’t get it (no idea why now) so I got used to just using my trowel whenever I did wet edges. Only a few years later did I use a corner trowel again I think, f**k me this is genius! :rayos: :LOL: But I can still just use my trowel, just not as quick or effortless.

Doesn’t bother me either way. The first time I ever used a corner trowel I didn’t get it (no idea why now) so I got used to just using my trowel whenever I did wet edges. Only a few years later did I use a corner trowel again I think, f**k me this is genius! :rayos::LOL: But I can still just use my trowel, just not as quick or effortless.
And do you finish them with a small brush?