Can DIY plasterer use a plastering machine?

JaniceC

I’m doing about 90 sqm of Bauwer light. I have had success doing a couple of walls by hand but the machine application looks attractive. I can hire a machine from CES but they are telling me it is difficult to use! Are they right??

I’m doing about 90 sqm of Bauwer light. I have had success doing a couple of walls by hand but the machine application looks attractive. I can hire a machine from CES but they are telling me it is difficult to use! Are they right??
Yes, they are right.

Just interested, Did you ever get a quote for doing the work, was it to much for you to pay ?

I hired a deisel from ces,I’m pretty much sure they show you about the machine etc,prob a bit heavy for 90m2.. but they was decent when I hired the deisel out tbf…talked you through it all etc,imagine they’d do the same with smaller machines ;)

Thanks. I had quotes for around 18K+ for the whole job (40mm Bauwer light plus the finish coat). So yes a tad expensive for me.
I’ve done one wall myself and it went OK. The most time consuming part was the mixing up. Will probably get a professional in for the top coat.

I’m sure there’s a keycoat first in the application of this product I’ve priced quite a few from Referal to jobs and all of them have a rinsaffo keycoat first to make the Bauwer light adhere to the wall
Also could be an important part of the quotes you have had

An electric machine will be a nightmare for you and will be a lot to learn. A diesel machine will be a lot simpler.

Please let me know if you need any information on hire rates.