Calling all spreads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasterite

Calling all spreads

Bucket or Spot board n stand ?

What do you use?

I tell my lads to use a spot board and stand, but they always work out of a gorilla tub

What do you do?

Tub or Spot board ?

Always spot & stand unless patching, just cant see that its quicker to keep bending down to load my hawk up but thats me. Does it really matter which way as long as the finish meets the standard required.

Cheers fellas. Recommend a good stand?
Doesn't need to be too expensive as won't be using it alllll the time.

my dads next door neighbour (macca) is a plasterer (my dad taught him) has a spot and stand that is out of this world, he made the stand himself and its got all little draws and shelf's where he keeps his tools that he is using that day.

its abit of a pain to move around but it is quite good, i would make one myself but there aint much room in my van as it is :)

RMK said:
if youve got them you can use work horses or a bin ......anything really .......if you get a proper stand try and get the square section not the tubular ones theyll last twice as long

all our spotboards are circular as when you load them up the corners stay empty plus easier to roll back to van

spunky said:
RMK said:
if youve got them you can use work horses or a bin ......anything really .......if you get a proper stand try and get the square section not the tubular ones theyll last twice as long
So you still got our stand ;D

I used to use a old dust bin,fill it with the water i needed for the day and slap a piece of plaster board on top and dump at end of job.
ralrely use a spot nowdays to be honest seems to much haslle,unless doing complete houses or large areas etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.