Calling all Irish plasterers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigK

Private Member
I mentioned this briefly on another thread briefly but didn't get any response so I thought I'd ask here....

What is the story with door frames over here?
Every job I've done the door frames are 135mm, that's 17.5 mm of floating we've got to heave on, it's feckin ridiculous!!
Whenever I've asked the question, builders, builders suppliers, all the answers have been that smaller more ideal ones simply can't be got!!
I feel like starting a revolution lol, who's in?
Who could be contacted about this??

I mentioned this briefly on another thread briefly but didn't get any response so I thought I'd ask here....

What is the story with door frames over here?
Every job I've done the door frames are 135mm, that's 17.5 mm of floating we've got to heave on, it's feckin ridiculous!!
Whenever I've asked the question, builders, builders suppliers, all the answers have been that smaller more ideal ones simply can't be got!!
I feel like starting a revolution lol, who's in?
Who could be contacted about this??
That is bloody ennoying.makes life hard

You are kidding me. Not had one where they are any different. A builder (now a good friend) appreciated what I was saying & now goes and gets them ripped down for about €30 a bundle, he now understands he's saving money, and my balls!
The general answer is what's wrong? They are 5&1/4 inch, block 4 inch, so that's 1/2 inch of floating & 1/8 of skim each side, they don't realise we are now metric and the blocks are less than 4'' and the frames more than 5&1/4''.
Pissing against the wind.

Could you inquire where they are bought in from clemo? Throw a tape on them too would ya? [emoji3][emoji106]

Bnq do 132mm which is bit closer and a 106mm 3mm of skin eithier side lol
I think Travis go a bit closer

Could you inquire where they are bought in from clemo? Throw a tape on them too would ya? [emoji3][emoji106]
Just off the phone to 1 of the builders i do work for. He gets them from northern Ireland or what you said gets them ripped down

has something to do with kiln dried timber or something as the timber to make studs use to be slightly thicker.. now its kiln dried its narrower... or something :)

You did right! I'd pay no more than 10. One place near me is 12, but they are expensive for everything, don't know how they're still open!
You near drogheda clemo?

Some family (in-laws) in drogheda, know a lad from Ardee too, Barry McCoy, plays rugby for them I think, what sort of work is your main stuff? Domestic, sites or private self builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.