Cables in boxes an i'll clean em out

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseldogg

Not sure if sparky's are the same all over but the last few I've gone behind wanna leave about 2 metre tails on every socket or switch just in case they need to move it a foot or two!! If I'm boarding or skimming its 99% that they ain't guna move em now, then the first thing they do is cut em down to about 7 inches when they connect em up!! I no its probly just to make more copper to weigh in but it's fookin annoying!! Is it just me being a stress head??

You must be a mind reader cos (sad i know) but i've been thinking the same thing this morning. for the last couple i have done i just did not clean the sockets out after i had done and when then whinged on I simply said if you leave the wires coiled in the boxes i will clean the boxes out." Cos if you aint gonna help me i certainly aint gonna help you". There may have been a few expletives thrown into that like lazy clunts etc etc and the odd fluke off but you get the picture.

when i was house bashing we used to cut the cables , the more cable the sparks used to leave poking out the shorter we would cut them:mad:

I snipped some on a job a few months back and took a tip of someone on here and before I dabbed another wall with sockets on I put them through the hole in the box and nailed it to the wall. Enjoy hooking that up f**k*r

Your just lowering yourself to their level if you don't clean them out. If they are thick then they won't notice, if they are lazy they won't care but if they've got anything about themselves they will make a mental note.

Snip the fookers!!

I love it when they have wrote on the very ends of them haha vankers!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

James Ive followed a sparky for the last 2 years and asked him countless times. Even tucked and cleaned them myself hoping he'd notice but nothings changed so **** him.

We are doing ceilings at the min and the down lighters have a foam that covers the hole s you can plaster straight over, the should do the same for all electrics, makes it clean and practical...

We are doing ceilings at the min and the down lighters have a foam that covers the hole s you can plaster straight over, the should do the same for all electrics, makes it clean and practical...

Good idea john, you should pinch them when your finished.

Did the electricians supply the foam or the builder or did they come with the lights?

i snip them and i will clean them out.

But i will completely fill one up :RpS_thumbsup:

When I was younger I was having the craic with lab telling him how good I was. fastest around. No holes or misses on my work bla bla. Then he said there's a hole. It was a tiny pin prick. I said that's not a hole its a box lol

when i worked in Germany they had a similar thing for sockets and light switches,, they had a little bit in the centre that always popped out through the plaster,, very handy things

when i worked in Germany they had a similar thing for sockets and light switches,, they had a little bit in the centre that always popped out through the plaster,, very handy things
I worked on a site here a long while back who used the German system, always ahead of uk and IrelandIreland

The sparkies on our site are pretty good all tails are tucked in the boxes, and the site labrador then duck tapes over the boxes, skim over quick tap and there spotless. That said they have about 20 attempts hacking out the downlights.

I ask the sparky nicely no to leave them hanging out cos ill catch em with my trowel n if they leave them hanging out a foot I usually jab the wires with my floor scrapper n then wen sparky kicks off I said I told you so

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Are they the trim less ones john? I've just done them in my extension ,I took took the foam out and duck taped the insides

I know someone who switches the live and neutral sleeves if the sparkies don't show a bit of respect :RpS_thumbup:

Are they the trim less ones john? I've just done them in my extension ,I took took the foam out and duck taped the insides
These are the type you plaster in, the have 20 mm of coverage under plaster which is supposed to be 3 mm thickness but is often 5 mm , basically down lighters but all inside the ceiling under the finish

These are the type you plaster in, the have 20 mm of coverage under plaster which is supposed to be 3 mm thickness but is often 5 mm , basically down lighters but all inside the ceiling under the finish

Yea they're the ones ,got them from mr resistor in balham just fitted 23 of the fookers :RpS_laugh:

We mix bonding in the first and speed skim,give it a good bit to pull in etc etc, doing a nice house in sw18 ...

We mix bonding in the first and speed skim,give it a good bit to pull in etc etc, doing a nice house in sw18 ...
Do u want a hand in a couple of weeks?, getting xtension finished then gonna b on the look out ,turned quite a bit away to try and finish this bloody fing

Status
Not open for further replies.