c i s card

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

I have just done a little subbing job for a builder and he never mentioned cis cards etc until the end of the job when he asked for my number, i dug the card out as i havent used it for 6 yrs (its a permanent one not the temporary ones). I gave him the number etc and received the cheque this morning but he has stopped the 20%, last time i did this i was given the cheque PLUS a receipt showing the amount of tax stopped etc for the tax man, i dont mind him keeping the 20% as it will sort itself out at the end of the yr but should i get a receipt from him for accountant/tax man showing the amount stopped. sorry if its a stupid question but i very very rarely get asked for cis card number so i dont have a clue. cheers

it shows what month your utr your gross pay your stoppages and net pay and verification number

what have u been doing for the last 6 yrs ali?

when he verified u they would have told him wether to stop tax of not. and any1 contracting should do monthly returns and provide statments stating the amount paid gross, net and how much tax was deducted. similar to the old slips but written up on some headed paper

6 yrs ago you would have got cis vouchers That changed few yrs ago ,( not sure of yr)now you only get a statement from the contractor setting out the materials,labour and tax stopped On their own headed paper(as nick said)

I make it easy for them and to save paperwork tell them to just give me cash far simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.