C&G plastering student needs practical experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithCharles52

I'm 37 years old and due to the recession i'm changing careers and am about to start a C&G plastering course, which is going to be 2-3 days a week. Ideally i want to work the rest of the days i'm not studying, what i need is for a plasterer to take me on part time so i can get practical experience as well as theroretical study. I'm CSCS reg and am living in N London.

Plastering is ****** trade at the moment, we are stuck doing it and I reckon most spreads on here would tell u not to bother mate

Unfortunately nicks right. Plastering is not the trade to be coming into due to losing a job in the recession. Experienced time served fast spreads are only just making their weeks wages because the rates are so low due to the recession. I'd re think your career choice if I were you mate

Why do a city and guilds qual when u need an nvq 2 to get on site soon??

When this happening? I'll be right pissed if it does I'll have to fork out 1000 for a bit of paper and so jobsworth to come out and tell me I can do my job properly

When this happening? I'll be right pissed if it does I'll have to fork out 1000 for a bit of paper and so jobsworth to come out and tell me I can do my job properly

You can get it done for free most of the time.. I think gold trowel do it and its paid for by the gov :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.