Buying separate pir insulation and plasterboard - cheaper

Members online

Nj1

I can get 50mm pir insulation for 29 quid and plasterboard for about 8.50. That is a lot cheaper than buying insulated plasterboard.

Can I just stick the foiled pir insulation to the plastered wall with knauf plasterboard adhesive and secure with a few mechanical fixings and then stick plasterboard to the insulation?

Can anyone see any problems with this?

I think this would save me about 30 quid per sheet compared to insulated plasterboard of same thickness but can't see many people doing this.

Any recommendations on adhesive would also be appreciated

Pretty sure you need to use a foam adhesive with foil backed plasterboards
I've never done what your suggesting tho. Sounds like your asking for trouble. 100% wouldn't be doing that in a customers house but if it's for your own house then you've only got yourself to blame if it goes wrong... Which might not, who knows

Sounds like the same process just more effort if you can save money just go for it... What kind of room is it going in??

I can get 50mm pir insulation for 29 quid and plasterboard for about 8.50. That is a lot cheaper than buying insulated plasterboard.

Can I just stick the foiled pir insulation to the plastered wall with knauf plasterboard adhesive and secure with a few mechanical fixings and then stick plasterboard to the insulation?

I think this would save me about 30 quid per sheet compared to insulated plasterboard of same thickness but can't see many people doing this.

Noooooooooooooooooooop

Get about 50 packs of hubba bubba eat them then use that to stick insulation to board.works a treat.hope this helps

Get about 50 packs of hubba bubba eat them then use that to stick insulation to board.works a treat.hope this helps
Happy Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

You can't stick it with plasterboard adhesive as it won't stick. You could level it with dab then screw through each dab with screw and washer but that's alot of time and effort to save a small amount of money. The customers paying so what does it matter