But why

John j

Mono Don
Skimming plaster board first before rest . Why

Attachments

• 15527212256461642882263385140474.jpg
    15527212256461642882263385140474.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 290
In the days of float and set all boarding i.e ceilings and partitions were tied into block work and skimmed before floating was done . But what the foook is going on there ?????????????

Not how we used to do it Andy all boarding was tied into block work with dute scrim .
I've never heard of or seen that before. It was explained to me that you floated the wall before skimming the ceilings so that there wasn't any chance of hitting the finished ceiling with a featheredge or the need to wash the sand and cement off the ceilings.

I've never heard of or seen that before. It was explained to me that you floated the wall before skimming the ceilings so that there wasn't any chance of hitting the finished ceiling with a featheredge or the need to wash the sand and cement off the ceilings.
I can see your point and sand and cement would stain if not washed off, but all we did was wipe it off using a flat brush when floated and before rubbing up. Different strokes.....

I can see your point and sand and cement would stain if not washed off, but all we did was wipe it off using a flat brush when floated and before rubbing up. Different strokes.....
Yeah it's one of the things I like about this place, hearing how other decent spreads do things. Just takes a while to work out who to listen to. Ok about 5 seconds :ROFLMAO:

Bead out, float walls, skim ceiling, skim walls, standard practice, the only time I skim ceiling first is if the walls are being finished in s/c like in garages or out houses . That's how my daddy showed me when I was about knee high!

Bead out, float walls, skim ceiling, skim walls, standard practice, the only time I skim ceiling first is if the walls are being finished in s/c like in garages or out houses . That's how my daddy showed me when I was about knee high!
Now your just the right height to lick his balls. :lol:

No they weren't. Float the walls, skim the ceilings and skim the walls was the accepted order of works.
Except if the walls are rubbed smooth so as Not to stain them doing ceiling eg garages but bang on otherwise as the floating dirtys ceiling angles