Busier than before the financial crash???

Members online

Yes it's very busy here in Manchester got people ringing from 10 years back

Yes voicemail is full. Inbox is full. Maybe it’s brexit and people selling houses at what may be peak house prices hoping to buy when people expect prices to drop? So here having work done to tart stuff up

There is more around my way now but they are s**t
One has the course practical area on there new fb page they keep boosting, another went to a job I forgot to go quote he put pva on then never went back , god knows what either quote honestly I don’t care , never been as busy can’t get any help on jobs , started bombing off any I don’t want to do politely and agree on the ageing workforce bit
Brexit might be bad but not as bad as they have it in Syria

Been agood year . I,m gonna be more organised and professional next year. Even bought a diary. Don’t check my voice mails. And if I,m honest I don’t phone a lot of people back . Think next year I might go price all jobs up and just pimp other plasterers I know out see how it goes for a few months

Been agood year . I,m gonna be more organised and professional next year. Even bought a diary. Don’t check my voice mails. And if I,m honest I don’t phone a lot of people back . Think next year I might go price all jobs up and just pimp other plasterers I know out see how it goes for a few months
All the good ones are doing there own work though . Good luck anyway

Kid i know could do me some days n can drop lad .i need a mad 7 years want to be out of this when i.m 50. Wishful thinking
Ha ha good luck on that aswell . I'm 45 and still on price .but then again I love it .like fuk

I put it down to house building shear volume there is now being built, council offices approving most applications. Keeps the site gangs on site and private folk busy. Most people are putting their money into bricks and motar round my way so plenty of refurbs and landlord jobs.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
It's the same as after previous recessions. During them site lads do domestic to keep going, firms go bust and people leave the trades to work in factories etc.

After the recession loads go back to site work, and the rest stay gone. Eventually the trades fill up, then everyone and their dog is jumping in. There's 10 years or so of things being good, then another recession and round it goes.

I'm no busier now than before or during the recession and the world keeps turning. (y)

Ha ha good luck on that aswell . I'm 45 and still on price .but then again I love it .like fuk
I just want to be able to run bout with kids n grandkida. So just on a mad mission to get some coin saved up . Got offered a warehouse job . Really goid money if you put hours in but need hours self employment gives me at moment

I think you're all liars about how much work you have as you spend most of your day on this site...

I made £380 skimming yesterday to make £130 today as I got a phone call to leave site and pick up the kids.
The trick is too down 4 pints of jonny smits ......so when your in the playground you feel like Jason Bourne.

“Maybe it’s brexit” stop watching MSM and get a fuc king grip
I’ve never been entirely sure what that is. I flick between bbc, sky news and Al Jazeera.

Maybe it’s because Si works in the housing market or because we’re currently in a buying/selling moment in life, but some people rightly or wrongly are expecting a dip in house prices after brexit so that’s where their heads may be at

I have a neighbour who develops in London, and he cannot get rid of property's, prices are dropping. Don't get carried away this is another bubble ready to pop.
Americas debt is in sustainable and respected economists say signs are we are in for a almighty bump worse than depression in 1920's. Who really knows but save your eggs is my advice.

I have a neighbour who develops in London, and he cannot get rid of property's, prices are dropping. Don't get carried away this is another bubble ready to pop.
Americas debt is in sustainable and respected economists say signs are we are in for a almighty bump worse than depression in 1920's. Who really knows but save your eggs is my advice.

I hope so ...I'd rather have a life than plaster everyday....always an up side mate.
Were only here once xx

Loads of artex round here needs covering up it’s one thing I’ll be eternally grateful for to the older guys amongst us

It's not about m2 price but generally charging what a job is worth to a customer not what you think your time is worth
We put good price in . Then just smashed it . Where on day its steady 4 bags each . I like money but like not aching better lol. Just getting old

It's not about m2 price but generally charging what a job is worth to a customer not what you think your time is worth
I'm starting to get your way of thinking dan

I’ve never been entirely sure what that is. I flick between bbc, sky news and Al Jazeera.

Maybe it’s because Si works in the housing market or because we’re currently in a buying/selling moment in life, but some people rightly or wrongly are expecting a dip in house prices after brexit so that’s where their heads may be at

Record unemployment, the economy is up,’interest rates going in the right direction lol where is the issue?

Btw the reason London prices are going down is because of the moron George Osborne and his stamp duty hike.

As title says?

Dont think ive ever known it be so busy, my theroy is that it has gone back to pre recession level but there is now less plastereres/trades.

Aging workforce imo building game at the moment?

Thoughts?
when u ordering the Bentley then?