Burned Ewi sheets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Hi guys,

Recently I have been having lots of what looks like fire damaged Ewi sheets within the sealed packs being delivered by my supplier.
At first it was just the odd sheet here and there but the last order there was quite a bit.

I have sent an email to kaymetzler and to my disbelieve they told me that the damage was caused by sunlight which is bollockz.

Has anyone else had this issue?.

It shouldnt be sunlight if its only been delivered. Lets face it its stored in a warehouse and on a curtian lorry? So have they got a sun roof?

It can't be the sun. These sheets are seriously burned and not usable. Some are coming from the middle of the packs

if the sun effects them, can you only fix them on the shaded side of the building.....? or on the inside?

If they are EWI boards.... doesn't the E stand for External?

think you are getting some BS there Rich.....

Sounds like a bit of BS to me as well mate. Will have a word with a few people tomorrow for you.

If your not happy with your current supplier I know someone who can offer you a decent rate ;-)

The eps is cut to size from a bigger block. The machine that cuts it Like a hot blade. I have seen eps come out of the factory with melted bits on it.

I recon they are telling g you Porks mate. The cutting machine prob malfunctioned

That's what I said to them but they wouldn't have it. They insisted it was due to being left in the sun. I told him to pull the other one.

It can't be the sun. These sheets are seriously burned and not usable. Some are coming from the middle of the packs

if there not fit for purpose, send them back, or am I missing something? :huh:

I had some 70mm phenolic boards sent out recently by a supplier and the bottom one of every pack had been water damaged so I wouldn't use any of them. and got a fresh load of them sent out straight away.

You are missing something.

Of course I send the damaged sheets back and request replacement but this slows the job down as it takes a week at least for them to sort it. What I really want is for the manufacture to give me a satisfactory reason to why I am getting more and more damaged sheets within my orders not bullshit like it's down to me leaving them in the sun and they are melting.

You are missing something.

Of course I send the damaged sheets back and request replacement but this slows the job down as it takes a week at least for them to sort it. What I really want is for the manufacture to give me a satisfactory reason to why I am getting more and more damaged sheets within my orders not bullshit like it's down to me leaving them in the sun and they are melting.
If they give you a reason ,then you can charge them for lost time ,not rocket science ,just same old **** differant day

i've seen this before, usually on black ewi boards, most of them are also bent, change supplier !!

Status
Not open for further replies.