Bumps appeared in rendered retaining garden planter wall.

the paint is highlighting but low sun and that would look bad unpainted.

get the builder back to do it properly...

if you dont believe what is being said get a metal straight edge and hold it over the walls you will see gaps

the paint is highlighting but low sun and that would look bad unpainted.

get the builder back to do it properly...

if you dont believe what is being said get a metal straight edge and hold it over the walls you will see gaps
Bang on there son

We had 4 planters built in our garden. The insides were painted with bitumen then rendered by the builder. He suggested we get textured Sandtex paint. We couldn’t find textured in the colour we wanted (Gravel) so we bought smooth. We noticed too many imperfections. The builder told us to put some kiln dried sand into the paint to get a textured effect. We did this but after reading online that it could muck up the properties of the mix we decided to get Dulux Weathershield textured masonry paint mixed to the closest colour we could for further coats. A couple of days later I went out to the garden and when the sun was shining from a particular angle the walls looked horrendous. They are covered in bumps. I asked the builder if this could be due to the sand which was mixed into the paint and he thinks it is what’s caused the issue, possibly it’s not been stirred properly on second use. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Could it be the sand or something else? I will add some photos of before and after (now that I have sanded with a grit rub brick suggested by builder). View attachment 53327

its nothing to do with paint, it hasn’t been ruled and flattened properly, it’ll look ok without the sun shining across it, but horrific when it is, terrible work.
Btw, your plasterer already knows this, he’s playing you.