Bullnoses Australia:

George Kidd

Here in Perth there is a lot of Free hand Bullnoses to Learn, inside and outside as most builders will not pay for beads?
You can put beads on if desired? But u have to pay for them yourself,
In summer and as there is a lot of Windows in the homes over here, the heat can make it hard very quickly, so speed and laying on very flat is the essence..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanx very much mate
Totally different to back home, it's something that needs to be learnt as u go along out here TBH I still prefer Square and Sharp mate as I was taught many years ago lol

when we turn a bullnose angle freehand, we would run a float down both sides of the angle then one down the arris, then run the external bullnose trowel down to form the arris. you can finish it off with a piece of polythene.
we would turn a large bullnose angle freehand with a birds beak angle.
these bullnose angles were not popular as it made a window set look like an old style tv screen. bullnose internals threw the skirting line out.
i would purchase the beads as it is faster then running freehand.

The thing that we use to finish is usually a small piece of plastic bought or made from material yourself it's for smoothing of the reveals, cills, heads etc very handy and u can also use them for keeping the angles nice also lads