builders merch need to improve

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

its at this time of year that shows why b and q are taking a lot of the trade off the builders merchs, i want to work over xmas as i went away in dec for 2 weeks and need to keep jobs moving and the merch shuts down for 2 weeks!!!! ive had over 30 bags and 25 boards off b and q in this time.but worse than that is how they store there gear for example in cold damp sheds you can feel the dampness in the bags and boards and b and q keep theres warm and dry . i was skimming a house the other week and my first mix was with some b and q gear and was spot on and my second mix with gear from travis i found my self sitting there waiting for it to stiffen up approx 25mins longer than the b and q mix!! and dont get me started on plastering sand thats kept out in the rain, i got 5 bags last friday and when i opened the van monday morning it was flooded with all the sh*tty water leaking out of the bags!!!

I have no idea how much sand is in b and q. I pay £35 a tonne if there cheaper than that fair play. I find there expensive and for screws and stuff out if there trade catalogue I find a waste if time as they've hardly ever got it in stock. This is obviously only in my opinion for other people that might be very different

I get my finish and boards from them and find them cheaper than a few yards round my way, i dont bother with the sand coz the stuff i get off the yard im happy with.

personally i find b and q okay on plaster prices only, on occasions i have gone in and they are selling the stuff off for 1 pound a bag because its out of date, but the way i look at it is stored in a nice dry warmish enviroment off the floor and i have had no trouble with it,but its being there at the right time, once went in for 5 bags came out with 26 , at a pound each, but wickes is still the best for me go in see the price there inc vat, load up and out, no waiting at the counter getting your ticket go and see the lad in the yard etc , the likes of b and q/wickes have seen a huge market in the small builder/plasterer market and good luck to them , wickes in carlisle shifts an awful lot of plaster

Builders merchants around me have a poor range of stock, if u need anything other than your basics you have to order it, so it is easier to use b&q/wickes.

my local tp always has pallets and pallets of out of date gear! and as for the shocking quality of bg bags when they have been in there shed for 3 month its like playing crystal maze trying to get them in the van with out bursting them !! stop the clock ive got the crystal!!! lol

Aye, Keyline don't open till 9 on a Sat so if we've got a little job on we have to remember to get all the gear on a Friday.

Used to have an account at Bang & Screw but they mucked us around that much we told em to stuff it. Also they sacked my cousin unfairly (along with others on he trade side) he did win his case and works elsewhere now. Folks that work there think its terrible - security cameras are there to monitor staff not shoplifters. Screw em..

Personally i dont use any of the sheds , primerily because the nearest one is 20 odd miles away.
However , something has always puzzled me , if i go into B and Q for say 25 bags of dust . How do i get that to my van?
Not going to carry them out one at a time , i'm not even going to take 5 at a time on a trolley. How do you guys do it?

Personally i dont use any of the sheds , primerily because the nearest one is 20 odd miles away.
However , something has always puzzled me , if i go into B and Q for say 25 bags of dust . How do i get that to my van?
Not going to carry them out one at a time , i'm not even going to take 5 at a time on a trolley. How do you guys do it?
tell the person on the till and they will bring it out on the fork lift!

Trade point at the big b and q will bring out on the forks..........:RpS_thumbup:

I have no idea how much sand is in b and q. I pay £35 a tonne if there cheaper than that fair play. I find there expensive and for screws and stuff out if there trade catalogue I find a waste if time as they've hardly ever got it in stock. This is obviously only in my opinion for other people that might be very different

there is only three quarter of a tonne of sand in those bags, if you have a look at what is printed on the side
we pick up direct from pit £13 per tonne

i got an extra 15% off plaster, cove and board today , at b and q as there is a sale on.

The bonus with tp is u can drive your van to the gear get credit and be in and out quickly, try doing quickly at B&Q it won't happen.

The bonus with tp is u can drive your van to the gear get credit and be in and out quickly, try doing quickly at B&Q it won't happen.

Aye, I remember being stuck in a flipping queue with a trolley full of stuff and and some knob in front of us faffing around.

At our merchants we drive straight into the warehouse, load up and then I go in to book it out through the back door into the shop (even if the front door is still locked lol). Free coffee/tea/soup machine as well.

Aye, I remember being stuck in a flipping queue with a trolley full of stuff and and some knob in front of us faffing around.

At our merchants we drive straight into the warehouse, load up and then I go in to book it out through the back door into the shop (even if the front door is still locked lol). Free coffee/tea/soup machine as well.

if your relay cute ring them up and they'll deliver free of charge :RpS_lol:

then of course you get the hidden bones:)
you turn up for work at 8 then sit around drinking Coffee till 3 waiting for the delivery:RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.