buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurth1984

Any body know where i can get some good strong mixing buckets from about 40litre a d not those felxi tubs.
Thanks guys

Cheers bud i was looking at one of those mega mixer buckets but how am i gonna lift that :RpS_crying:
Could always treat ma self to that huge bucket trowel :RpS_thumbsup:

I just bought a 75l bucket from refina and a mac scoop, the scoop holds a good hawk full, and can get 3 bags of multi in, although not cheap about a ton with delivery i reckon they will both stand up to years of proper abuse, although gyproc do make a heavy duty mixing bucket black plastic 50l there about 15quid on ebay might be worth a look.

Yeah those refina are a bit pricey get fed up with knocking up between hits only got a 30litre at the mo need bigger.
Cheers for the heads up

I recently bought a new 30L mixing bucket from B&Q for £5 and a new marshalltown bucket trowel from ebay for £12.
one of the joiners on the last job I was on had his young lad with him, I was a bit busy dealing with the customer and left the young lad to clean my bucket out. he of course got side tracked and left the plaster (which was already setting) in the bottom of the bucket, then he tried to drop the bucket upside down to get the plaster out, resulting in a broken bucket.

I have never bought expensive buckets, depending on where you are using them, they are just as likely to get broken as the cheaper buckets.
when I first started out a few years ago, I bought a 30L mixing bucket from B&Q which was on offer for £3.50, I also got 3 3 gallon buckets for a pound each. all my buckets are still perfectly fine, except of course for my mixing bucket which was carelessly broken a few weeks ago.

I do have 30lt mixing buckets but for bigger mixes i'm lucky where i live that the farmers always have 60lt salt lick tubs for the cattle so i just get them for nowt :RpS_thumbsup:

Or better still don't ask questions like 'what's your most bestest lovely jubbly bucket in the whole world?'

I just bought a 75l bucket from refina and a mac scoop, the scoop holds a good hawk full, and can get 3 bags of multi in, although not cheap about a ton with delivery i reckon they will both stand up to years of proper abuse, although gyproc do make a heavy duty mixing bucket black plastic 50l there about 15quid on ebay might be worth a look.

I understood everything you said there scottie till you mentioned a hawk full..........................:RpS_confused:

Ignore the op, just didn't want to start a new thread.

whats your bucket of choice guys? Flexi, tall etc.

do a poll.....................................:RpS_thumbup:

:RpS_laugh:.......................................:rolleyes)..........................get in the G** section you big fat lezza

I use collomix. Get about a bag and half in them if you brim it. Any more and ill either use a big gorilla tub or jhst knock up fresh gear

I recently bought a new 30L mixing bucket from B&Q for £5 and a new marshalltown bucket trowel from ebay for £12.
one of the joiners on the last job I was on had his young lad with him, I was a bit busy dealing with the customer and left the young lad to clean my bucket out. he of course got side tracked and left the plaster (which was already setting) in the bottom of the bucket, then he tried to drop the bucket upside down to get the plaster out, resulting in a broken bucket.

I have never bought expensive buckets, depending on where you are using them, they are just as likely to get broken as the cheaper buckets.
when I first started out a few years ago, I bought a 30L mixing bucket from B&Q which was on offer for £3.50, I also got 3 3 gallon buckets for a pound each. all my buckets are still perfectly fine, except of course for my mixing bucket which was carelessly broken a few weeks ago.
Skimming buckets are different you're better off with heavy duty they outlast the **** ones 5 times over

ive got the refina 75 its the nuts, if you fill it right to the brim as in couldnt get another handfull of dust in it you can get about 3 and a quatre to 3 and a half bags in it

im crap at cleaning buckets so i now use gorilla tubs and just bin the f**k**s once iv beat them to death.

Do you not have a lab jessop,to do the scrubbing

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Think the kebab king knows how to scrub a few buckets ,give him a shout wouldn't say he's doing much else lol

Yea it's a pig on your own trying to get drills and buckets cleaned

iv got a dirty plasters bucket that i rinse my drill in all day, another one for clean water i never mix in and a few gorilla tubs for mixing.
Iv had loads of fancy tubs and buckets iv fuckrd up by being lazy so i dont bother now.

ive got the refina 75 its the nuts, if you fill it right to the brim as in couldnt get another handfull of dust in it you can get about 3 and a quatre to 3 and a half bags in it
Thats the one i bought, though im regretting not buying the 90litre for 4 baggers, did you buy the mac scoop aswell i did.

iv got a dirty plasters bucket that i rinse my drill in all day, another one for clean water i never mix in and a few gorilla tubs for mixing.
Iv had loads of fancy tubs and buckets iv fuckrd up by being lazy so i dont bother now.

Gorilla tubs take a fair bit of abuse ,I'd say your still getting good mileage out of them even though you knock the crap out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.