Bucket Trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peg

We've been using Refina bucket trowel 10", but they seem to break after not a very long time and we are spending top dollar on them as they are around £23 each!

Does anyone know where we can get the same size (10 inch) or bigger for less candy?

We've tried ebay but they all seem to be 7 inch or less which is no use at all!

Ive got two, both stainless and quality, one i bought in a shop in East London ten years ago and the other in a chemist shop in Prague believe it or not, never seen similar since.

the trouble with stainless ones they are normally just tack welded thats why they snap off not sayin thats all of em but the ones from refina are like that

:RpS_thumbup: 2 some ov the lads get a bricklayers trowell one thats been forged cut the end off with a grinder & round the corners off ive got one 4 rendering they dont brake :RpS_thumbsup:

We use the same type of bucket trowels as you mention but only for marmorions/venetian type plasters....other then that we use something similiar to this ,but we dont buy em we make em.......not sure if you lads use or make these but thought I would post it ..may help someone....note the shape of the scoop part ...it is the same shape as the bottom of the pail or bucket ,simply cut out that shape and fix it to a handle.....works perfect and is free

index.JPG

Thanks windy theres no better bucket trowel than the Trowhawk thats just one of its uses a Good quality tool ergonomic handle .Riveted blade .Soon to be made out of stainless steel . Well priced

Authentic lime i like that scoop pretty neat idea is that cut out from a bucket? and what do you use for the handle?

we cut the same shape as the one in the photo from the bottom of a bucket ...imagine that scoop laid flat ...it is the exact shape of a bucket.....now just cut that shape out with some snips or even a jigsaw and screw it to a broom stick for a handle or a piece of scrap 2x2 ....just round off the handle part where yer gonna grip it ....will last for years

another way we do it is with a bucket lid....cut the center of the lid out .....like cut the rim off the lid then cut a radius from edge to center ...then fold the the lid like a coffee filter and screw that to your handle a scoop in 5 minutes ....hard to describe typing ...lol

Looks like a handle from a mop!

bingo yep one of those will work too
the shape of the bottom of the bucket cut like that is stronger then hell ....some guys I work with even get fancy and glue the same shape but smaller on top to make the scoop part even more ridged ...these plastic homemade ones out last the metal one by far

Its good to see people are still making there own tools my old man pretty much made all his tool from his plunger to his hawk even his shovel well he had it made out of stainless steel by his mate.

Its good to see people are still making there own tools my old man pretty much made all his tool from his plunger to his hawk even his shovel well he had it made out of stainless steel by his mate.

yep we used to make " podgers" from a bicycle chain wheel or a drain top welded to a handle....hell in college even made a mold fer a dildo in fiber shop......me old mom found the replica in my room :p

Status
Not open for further replies.