Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Evening guys.

I have a Ritmo l and regularly spray bucket coat 1.5 mm

My problem is that every time we send the product through the pipes it blocks on the joint between the two pipes and the end of the pipe EVERY TIME.

I have tried everything sending through at speed 0, wallpaper paste, water, no water etc etc but it always does the same which not only is frustrating but also wastes time.

Perhaps someone can shed some light??

We had a guy call up today about the same thing. We advised him to put it through one pipe first, once through, attach the second and do the same. Once you've done that then attach the gun.

Also make sure you mix the material thoroughly first, that tends to held

What you spraying?

Hope that helps

We do all of the above. It only blocks when the pipe reaches its end. As I use two pipes connected it always blocks twice.

Also make sure you don't water the material down too much. It can affect the colourants and also may affect drying times. When we put material through the EZE we don't water it down at all cause of this

Yes running them through separately and each one blocks about 50mm from the end every time.
You have to water down conni else it won't spray

I always pour about an inch of slurried texture in the hopper, then add the rest of the bucket before running through. I use 20m of pipe with gun attached, and never had a problem yet. Just spray the wet stuff back to the hopper.

Also make sure you don't water the material down too much. It can affect the colourants and also may affect drying times. When we put material through the EZE we don't water it down at all cause of this

Adding water at a constant gauge has no effect, and the finish is finer and more consistent.

Thanks for the prices Ryan btw!

1 if you are spraying bucket coats for more than a day theres no need to clean the pipes and gun when you finish just seal each end in a bag. next day just connect it back up and start again
2 it s normal for some topcoats to block at the joints. just be prepared for it by carrying a purge hose that is designed to fit up inside the pipe and unlock it using water.

i carry a purge hose at all times and if we get a blockage its cleared in 2 minutes. its a simple piece of kit that has been designed for one purpose

richy babe leave water in pipes send through at speed 3 . just make sure your mixing up the conni good and proper as some lads miss the thick stuff stuck to the bottom of the bucket .

I run 25 when spraying conni.

So speed 3 and water in the pipe is it. Ill give it a go but to me it sounds like the faster it's pumping the faster it's going to block up

Heres a thought richardbrown based on summink uze told me when i seen you at L&D - PFT opinions welcome

could it be possible you have to much water in the material and the paint has lost its viscosity/fattiness (lubricant) and become more like the consistency of water leaving the grit coarse (friction) and able to bunch up more easily instead of being coated more in the viscous mix with less water ?

you will see how the grit comes to the bottom of a bucket once the water content is too high.

just try one bucket with no more than a can of coke size of water in it and see. the amount of water you mentioned to me seemed astronomical sir. try it baby

Yes John that makes sense not to strip all the cream off the grit.
Just a suggestion but what about a cup full of runny gear poured down the far end of the pipe so it's lubed at the point that the sausage of material is at it's most stripped of lube and likely to block?

I add 750ml of water to a tub of conni.
I hear what your saying John and you may well be correct but spraying with wetter gear gives a much much nicer finish

I add 750ml of water to a tub of conni.
I hear what your saying John and you may well be correct but spraying with wetter gear gives a much much nicer finish

750ml isnt as much as i thought you were adding, i was under the impression it was more than that so i guess this aint the problem. is it the same with other bucket coat ?

rich i add 1 litre to bucket of connie, i was having the same problem so as well as putting water in the pipes i was also putting washing up liquid down the other end as well and this seemed to sort the problem out, what pipes are you using

Status
Not open for further replies.