Bucket coat acel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where we can get some of this gear?

Sto-Additiv WE

http://www.sto-sea.com/media/docume...14346_INTEN_Sto-Additiv_WE_Rev09_20091020.pdf

@wesly
@owls
@Rigsby
@dansouthcoast
Yes parex make one, enewall etc,
They come in a pre measured tub that you add to each pale, they accelerate the set to around 6 hours, at 5c-10c ( the minimum temp to apply anything) at sand fine thickness so 1-1.5 mm obviously if your going upwards of that grain it will take longer, about 18 quid ish per pot.
They've been around years.

Last edited:
Yes parex make one, enewall etc,
They come in a pre measured tub that you add to each pale, they accelerate the set to around 6 hours, at 5c-10c ( the minimum temp to apply anything) at sand fine thickness so 1-1.5 mm obviously if your going upwards of that grain it will take longer, about 18 quid ish per pot.
They've been around years.

Cheers pal, will speak to Mark.. £18 per pot is a bit lively making each tub near a tonne :-/

So much more expensive thincoats over mono [emoji35]

How does parex thincoat compare to Wetherby price/product wise bud?
Weatherbys is cheaper ben although the parex dpr range is meant to be the top end for quality
I drove past a job I did a few years back and the gear was let's say the cheaper end of the market
I've done a few parex dpr jobs also and they look fairly good compared
It's a tough one as we all want to pick up jobs and make a decent return
Someone was saying on another thread this country isn't the right climate for all these renders,and I think he could be right you know

Cheers pal, will speak to Mark.. £18 per pot is a bit lively making each tub near a tonne :-/

So much more expensive thincoats over mono [emoji35]
Yes but a tub of 1mm does around 14m square so it's only just over a quid a metre more to add on, if your margins are that tight I'd be worried.

Yes but a tub of 1mm does around 14m square so it's only just over a quid a metre more to add on, if your margins are that tight I'd be worried.
Was you spraying it on for the 14 metres? i have used the sand fine handball and was a nightmare to finish,the grain was far to small so kept scraping it back off when trying to texture it.

Only ever used jub gear once and I wasn't impressed, it's cheap for a reason I found it very thin in composition, compared to marmorit and parex dpr.
What gear was you using bud? I've used it for a while now an really rate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't buy much of it at all to be honest bud, last time was 2 years ago.. Mostly mono now

Just doing a shop front at be minute only 30m2, with a carrier board worked out @ £29m2 for the mats felt full on fingered!!

I've got a dpr 1mm job coming in the summer!!!
I don't buy much of it at all to be honest bud, last time was 2 years ago.. Mostly mono now

Just doing a shop front at be minute only 30m2, with a carrier board worked out @ £29m2 for the mats felt full on fingered!!
are you vat yet ben?
When you are its slot easier to swallow

Was you spraying it on for the 14 metres? i have used the sand fine handball and was a nightmare to finish,the grain was far to small so kept scraping it back off when trying to texture it.
Hand applied, you need your base to be mustard too, otherwise it shows through. I mainly use there course 1.5mm though. Ive never really got on with spraying thin coats, or the base, a lot of messing about. I have lads that work for me on price and they still hand apply it, and they have various machines, that tells the story for me.

Hand applied, you need your base to be mustard too, otherwise it shows through. I mainly use there course 1.5mm though. Ive never really got on with spraying thin coats, or the base, a lot of messing about. I have lads that work for me on price and they still hand apply it, and they have various machines, that tells the story for me.
Your not kidding with the base, has to be like glass the slightest bump or trowel mark and you just scrape the texture back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.