Bubbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapered edge boards scrim is from Travis, I've filled out joints on the previous set so there gone off etc but it still seems to happen ?

Tapered edge boards scrim is from Travis, I've filled out joints on the previous set so there gone off etc but it still seems to happen ?
was going to suggest what you are already doing,,, cant help you im afraid spunky, never heard of this happening before when joints have been filled the previous set,, i wonder if filling them with bonding would stop it

Doubt it mate
gdplastering can you explain why plaster bubbles, if not would you kindly **** off :)

Don't know why it does mate but just nib it down with a bit of 120 next day that's what I do.

maybe filling the joints the day before and then uni bonding them,, bit of f--king about i know,,,,,,,,,,,,you've probably already thought of this:RpS_confused:

Blah blah blah you don't know why plaster bubbles then knob jockey? If I 2 coat bonding it bubbles........ Not exactly problem free is it

Aye defo suction spunky , it happens onto bonding , i had half a wall bonded out half not , one side was fine other side blebed to **** jus had to polish it when fully set

why not you ******* lesbo?

Go stick you're head in an oven you old ****

Doubt it mate
gdplastering can you explain why plaster bubbles, if not would you kindly **** off :)

Blah blah blah you don't know why plaster bubbles then knob jockey? If I 2 coat bonding it bubbles........ Not exactly problem free is it

I've been getting worried about you for a while Dave now I know you're back to normal it's a real relief.

I'd say fill out the tapered edges at the start of the set or even just a few joints ahead of yourself. That's what I do and although I'm two coating I can't see why it'd be any different for you one coating.

is it like when you go on bonding too soon and you're getting blisters? if that's the case then it doesn't matter that it's tape that you've gone over, it could be any area you've done. even though where you've filled out the joints the previous set it's still got moisture trapped in whilst the remaining area hasn't. you've got two backgrounds: the normal suction on the board and the filled joints with moisture trapped in and less suction. over bonding i'd leave it right till the last minute to trowel up. and then dry trowel the little pimples out after all the gear's in the van ...

go over the joints you've done with less gear? but then you're scouring the lot with the sponge .....:RpS_unsure:

just go on it like normal two coat - but just fill out the joints with a thin first coat, give it ten minutes, then just go over the lot with one thicker coat..?

or a thinner coat when filling out the joints ..?

or plastic trowel over the joints so your not drawing out the water .....?

I've been getting worried about you for a while Dave now I know you're back to normal it's a real relief.

I'd say fill out the tapered edges at the start of the set or even just a few joints ahead of yourself. That's what I do and although I'm two coating I can't see why it'd be any different for you one coating.
It gives me a warm feeling inside Andy ,seeing "you **** and ******* and kindly **** off ,he is back :RpS_wub:

If i remember correctly you get bubbling on the finish if your backing has set but, is still too wet so could leaving filling your joints near the end of your first set help ? or is it happening on your first set as well in which case fook knows.

If i remember correctly you get bubbling on the finish if your backing has set but, is still too wet so could leaving filling your joints near the end of your first set help ? or is it happening on your first set as well in which case fook knows.

If he is filling his first set of joints as he goes on first set and it works why change and jump ahead on the joints ? Just keep going same as first set ?

It is Bubbling cos your a rough ****, have you considered a few days at Goldtrowel to sort out where your going wrong.

Don't do that, just coat it as you go, i've tried your way and essexandy's way i found they either bubbled or showed through once set, not filling before hand works fine for me, but then i do speedskim it too & can get a 4 to 5 bag hit on in under 3 hours

Kev do you just lay it on without filling the joints? Have you ever had problems with the joints shrinking back?

I always fill my tapered edge joints as i go, only ever 4 or 5 ahead, never had any problems with shrinkage.
Had some steps to try and lose today so padded it out a bit with my first set, when i skimmed it with 2nd set it bubbled right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.