Bubbles help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
I got home today and one of my cucumber plant leaves have drooped more liked doubled over tbh the other looks fine and all the tomato plants are looking sorry for themselves the soils a bit moist do you think there missing the sun it's been pissing it down here

I had to tie the stem to the branch again on the cucumber and one of the tomato plants they were looking fine yesterday I reckon there's 12 " between the last tie to the tip

The cucumbers are under a cheap greenhouse and if put my finger in the soil it's moist mate

Should be alright mate just keep them trussed up, cues dont normaly bolt just make sure the roots dont get to wet, whoes going fishing this weekend?

**** me I'm soaked know lol now mark there fine just really droopy the one next it is fine weird?

Has there been a big temperature change lately spunkster?

And are your fruits clear of the soil?

Well clear mate its rained a lot and no sun, all the toms are drooping I had to tie the biggest up that I've stopped 6 inches from the top off the cane but the weird thing is one of the cucs are doing well and the other looks sorry for itself seems weird ?

OK, maybe you need to keep the greenhouse door open to let bees etc in, if you only have a few plants there may not be enough 'male' flowers to allow succesful pollination..................ya didn't know that did ya:RpS_thumbsup:

We've got cucumbers forming though ones nearly 6 inches long and the doors been open cause I let the rain water them and what's the matter with two male plants or are you a racist lol .....might get 2 female plants next year and let them lezzer out mmmmmmmm

I'll stick with me first guess then, a large fluctuation in the temperature can affect them, I think it's something to do with the roots ability (or inability) to take in water from the cold soil:RpS_thumbup:

They should recover though, just watch out for signs of disease (mildew etc) and if there is -bin them, and bin the soil too:rolleyes)

He is right mate, i used to be famous for my marrows years ago but you have to cross pollinate if the Bees aint doing it by using a small paint brush to transfer the pollen from the mail flower to the femail, so no one going fishing tomorow

There shop bought from seed hopefully the sun will sort thtem out aye thanks for the help ........good luck fishing luscious

Fcuking wish i was just had 10 days of in Spain working tomorow and three jobs to start monday which physicaly cant happen but ile worry about it Monday

Ah the joys, spunk, I found a few polypropelene fibres scattered around the cucumbers will have a profound effect :RpS_thumbup:

I think that's more year two mate lol .....there still droopy my toms are worse just want the sun to come out

Have you got drainage in the containers spunkster?, i.e. holes in the bottom of the containers.........too much water in the soil will starve the roots of air:RpS_thumbup:

DSCF1489.jpg

Bubbles the first one is the worse of the toms for drooping, the second pic there's two Tom plants in a large container and the leaves have gone brown underneath? Vie got some fruit on that one, the next pic is the healthier cucumber and the last ones the droopy one cheers for having a look mate

I gave up growing Toms on the allotment years ago. They always seem to get blight. Potatoes seem alright even if they get it a little, just the haulms die off and the potatoes underneath seem alright.

Have a google image search for tomato blight. Do they look similar?

blight's caused by wet weather. It's a fungal ting, so it spreads around with the wind. That's why if one fcuker gets it on the allotment, everyone gets it. You can grow em under glass or polytunnel alright.

What am I looking for? .....don't know if its blight there still droopy I've left them to dry out gave them a feed, I had a load of black/green/brown flys on them so not sure if they've killed them

If they've got blight, they're fcked. you can kill the blackfly by squashing them with your fingers. You can also dilute some washing up liquid and spray that on em too.

some of the old geezers on my allotment get the rhubarb leaves, rip em up and soak them in some water then spray that on stuff that gets black fly.

Thanks twitcher can blight come on from Tom plants by themselves there was loads of info on planting them next to potatoes and I don't have potatoes?......

Blight is airborne. The wind blows it around. The only times i've managed to crop a load of toms is under glass.
The damp weather causes the blight i think.

didn't realise you could companion plant tomatoes and potoatoes. I've done tomatoes and basil before. It's strange how things that taste good together, grow well together.

You wanna get yourself on an allotment forum mate

Status
Not open for further replies.