Broomshank corners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the blind leading the blind. Lol. I never mentioned the awards I was showing that Ive been in the trade probably longer than you were born. Thats how I have done it and thats the way we all do around here. The problem with lads like you and nissus is you have learned it from forums like and not in the real world. Ignorance is bliss they say so you two must be really happby. Lol

Mate half the blokes in merseyside say theyre plasterers, except on tuesdays when they sign on! U did mention them, u may hav been in the trade longer than me, i started spreadin when i was 18, im 34 now + the guy who taught me had been doin it 35 years so iv not really learnt it from forums have i? The idea of forums is to give out good advice which you havnt so your prob best spendin you're time polishing ur awards than dishing out **** advice. Btw i.am happy knowing that i do a proper job, i prefer pound notes than awards, pay the bills better!

i can see a cock fight coming on..................everyone post pictures of their bellends and the biggest wins................its the only fair way to resolve this awards debacle

Lol. Some of the advice on here makes me laugh. Around here mate they are called mop ends. Do NOT take them out of the wall and make unnessesary work for yourself. I can not understand that advice at all. Just afix new beads over the top with clout nails or dab them on if you cannot get them to sit right. I have won awards for my plastering and have always done it this way and never had to correct any work afterward. Whta would you do with an old wood lintel? rip that out? lol

A lintel is a different thing altogether , it cracks up the edge of the bead i promise you . What awards have you won ? You may get away with it but it cracks alot of the time and not worth the hastle

Its the blind leading the blind. Lol. I never mentioned the awards I was showing that Ive been in the trade probably longer than you were born. Thats how I have done it and thats the way we all do around here. The problem with lads like you and nissus is you have learned it from forums like and not in the real world. Ignorance is bliss they say so you two must be really happby. Lol

There wasn't even forums about when I started :RpS_laugh:
But no you must be right eh :RpS_laugh:

You read your post above yet, you know the one where you mentioned your erm awards? :RpS_unsure:
Yes of course you have, your just a wind up merchant probably not even a spread, ok maybe a courser looking for scraps of work on here. :glare:

We know your game see it all the time come on here giving it billy big bollox then next week asking basic questions lol :RpS_lol:

i can see a cock fight coming on..................everyone post pictures of their bellends and the biggest wins................its the only fair way to resolve this awards debacle
images

There wasn't even forums about when I started :RpS_laugh:
But no you must be right eh :RpS_laugh:

You read your post above yet, you know the one where you mentioned your erm awards? :RpS_unsure:
Yes of course you have, your just a wind up merchant probably not even a spread, ok maybe a courser looking for scraps of work on here. :glare:

We know your game see it all the time come on here giving it billy big bollox then next week asking basic questions lol :RpS_lol:
Youre a fool mate. A courser? If youre looking for a spread on Merseyside you would come across my name and would have done fot the past 35 years. Ask any decent spread about town. As for the one of you who said half of Merseyside is signing on what an idiot. Been reading the sun have you?

Youre a fool mate. A courser? If youre looking for a spread on Merseyside you would come across my face and would have done fot the past 35 years. Ask any decent spread about town. As for the one of you who said half of Merseyside is signing on what an idiot. Been reading the sun have you?

Sorry :RpS_blushing:

Youre a fool mate. A courser? If youre looking for a spread on Merseyside you would come across my name and would have done fot the past 35 years. Ask any decent spread about town. As for the one of you who said half of Merseyside is signing on what an idiot. Been reading the sun have you?

Just concentrate on learning thw right way mate. Go to college or get in with an old timer. DO NOT take as correct any old twaddle you get from cowboys that are everywere.

Just concentrate on learning thw right way mate. Go to college or get in with an old timer. DO NOT take as correct any old twaddle you get from cowboys that are everywere.

Been studying at college since April mate. I'll always ask there first before here, but sometimes here as well, amazing how much this place has helped me though. I read more than I post for what is now very obvious reasons!

Off for half term at the moment anyway so just doing a bit on my own in my own flat. Landlord doesn't mind what I do so long as I leave it better than I found it when I leave the place (and that wouldn't be difficult believe me).

Ahhh I started a flame war :(

Sorry folks.

Dont worry mate it's a normal Sunday night on here :RpS_thumbsup:
Dont believe everything you read on here though, plus it's just a bit of banter, but some people are a bit touchy or pre-menstrual sometimes :RpS_biggrin:

Lots of good people on here though giving good advice, well most the time anyway :RpS_unsure:

Everything will be fine again in the morning :RpS_wink:

Trust me, I'm a timeserved plasterer that learnt everything I need to know off a forum :rolleyes)

Dont worry mate it's a normal Sunday night on here :RpS_thumbsup:
Dont believe everything you read on here though, plus it's just a bit of banter, but some people are a bit touchy or pre-menstrual sometimes :RpS_biggrin:

Lots of good people on here though giving good advice, well most the time anyway :RpS_unsure:

Everything will be fine again in the morning :RpS_wink:

Trust me, I'm a timeserved plasterer that learnt everything I need to know off a forum :rolleyes)
was just thinking that nisus,, what is it with sundays that makes people on here go all funny,, maybe the thought of work monday morning :RpS_crying:

never heard of you :RpS_confused: i just bang the bead on top of the mop roll not the mop end :RpS_sneaky: cant be arsed taking them out and taking half the chimney breast down as well. its just the way i work. fast and furious. im not saying whats right and whats wrong. what awards have you got :rolleyes)

Pva the wooden bead to seal it and wall, scrim the joint from plaster over to the wooden bead on both sides, bed new bead on scrim again old plaster onto new bead. Jobs a good un no cracks

Pva the wooden bead to seal it and wall, scrim the joint from plaster over to the wooden bead on both sides, bed new bead on scrim again old plaster onto new bead. Jobs a good un no cracks

I've seen em crack mate, not saying 100% of the time but I have seen it happen, I don't risk it, last thing I want is bloody customer ringing saying oh we've had the log burner on & the beads have cracked :RpS_unsure:

The pva won't seal it completely & moisture will still get in the wood.

It's like that old Chinese saying:

Plaster on wood, wood get wet, plaster dry, wood dry, plaster crack!

True story :rolleyes)

Fair enough I know what your saying, personally not had any call backs on that though. However I do prefer to take them off around windows and knock the reveal off and dab a board on. As usually find the reveals are shot at from all the banging of the windows opening and shutting

Just dab the whole Breast and skim it....simples. Can't see what the problem is. You boys over think things on here

never heard of you :RpS_confused: i just bang the bead on top of the mop roll not the mop end :RpS_sneaky: cant be arsed taking them out and taking half the chimney breast down as well. its just the way i work. fast and furious. im not saying whats right and whats wrong. what awards have you got :rolleyes)

I got me 25m swimming badge years ago even had it sewn onto me cossie :RpS_thumbup: though to be honest i try not to wear that cossie when holidaying in saint tropez now :RpS_unsure:

I've come to the conclusion this is something common to the north of the country, like cobs.

Well I was thinking about it and my folks house have the same rounded corners fairly certain if I dug in I'd find lumps of wood but that one is a really old house (1825 I think) .

We actually get enquiries to replace these In Georgian houses around the city, timber uprights and plaster arch,
We normally do both in a hard plaster, they are called staff beads here with a birds quirk detail at the bottom, but everyone calls them broom handles,

www.plasterwork.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.