Broken Trowel! Help appreciated

Members online

preedyt

Hi,

I hope everyone is well!

I'm posting in search of a little help/advice/experience with similar problems.

I recently hit two live cables simultaneously and it must have 'completed' the circuit and arced two holes into my trowel.

As you can see in the photos, the two holes are pretty small, but somewhat significant in my finish.

I've had the trowel over 13 years now, and mainly use it to polish, but is still a firm favourite (my first ever trowel infact). So I'm willing to spend a few quid to sort it. Its a stainless marshall town.

So has anyone had any experience in fixing a similar problem? I'm hoping to be able to 'fill' the holes and whetstone/polish back to previous state.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-10-22-21-58-23.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-10-22-21-58-23.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 350
  • PHOTO-2020-10-22-21-58-24.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-10-22-21-58-24.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 339
Hi,

I hope everyone is well!

I recently hit two live cables simultaneously and it must have 'completed' the circuit and arced two holes into my trowel.

As you can see in the photos, the two holes are pretty small, but somewhat significant in my finish.

I've had the trowel over 13 years now, and mainly use it to polish, but is still a firm favourite (my first ever trowel infact). So I'm willing to spend a few quid to sort it. Its a stainless marshall town.

So has anyone had any experience in fixing a similar problem? I'm hoping to be able to 'fill' the holes and whetstone/polish back to previous state.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
I'll send you one of my floor scraping trowels to replace it.
You're welcome.

Hi,

I hope everyone is well!

Thanks for your help!

Tom
Take the handle off it and put it on a new mt carbon. That’s “13 yrs old” and it still ain’t got a decent edge on it.

Ask a welder, or maybe use some of that Halfords engine block "sets like metal" filler then grind it smooth.

And enlighten us about your avatar...

Hi,

I hope everyone is well!

Thanks for your help!

Tom
Gives me an idea.....