Broken Marshalltown, replacement ideas?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

roryston

So this happened to my roughing trowel last week, dropped it from about a metre and a bit off a step

Pretty damm gutted as well, I've had her for 4 years.

Anyone know how this will stand against the "lifetime warranty" that marshalltown give when you pay out your ass for one of there trowels?

I've replaced her for now, bought a marshalltown gold in the same size for £53, after a days use I found out its not stainless!!

My mistake I guess, any suggestions for another trowel in 16"? I wouldn't mind trying a nela or refina.....

6tag_270715-164645.jpg

All down to personal preference some love the nela others refina Or Mt.

I would go with the mt. You already had 1 and no what your getting.

Just out of curiosity I looked up the warranty for Marshalltown UK
8. Guarantee / Warranty Details
All of our products carry a manufacturers guarantee (unless otherwise stated) covering both faulty materials and faulty workmanship, it does not cover general wear and tear or damage & does not cover consumables or wearable items.

And then I looked up the Marshalltown US warranty to compare them.
Warranty - All Marshalltown Company hand tools are warranted to be free from defective materials and workmanship. Our liability under all warranties, express or implied, shall be limited to the replacement or repair of defective products. Please contact Marshalltown’s Adjustments Department at 1-800-987-6935, Ext 774 if you feel there is a warranty issue.

I've never seen a trowel break like that from only being dropped 1+ meters.

@bobby

Tell me about it!!

@Loren

I couldn't believe it myself, must of just caught the right angle I guess!

@Nicim

It has broke in faster than my stainless to be honest, I've done about 5 ton of sand cement on it and she's already shaping up, its just the rust I don't like!

I dread the day this happens to me. I've had a few close calls but instinctively put my steelies in the way to cushion the fall. One of these days it'll have be short a trowel or toes.

I had a mt stainless, but always go back to to carbon steel for finishing.

@bobby

Tell me about it!!

@Loren

I couldn't believe it myself, must of just caught the right angle I guess!

@Nicim

It has broke in faster than my stainless to be honest, I've done about 5 ton of sand cement on it and she's already shaping up, its just the rust I don't like!
Give them a wipe after cleaning at the end of the day and you should be golden. They eventually go a black colour and don't seem to rust after that.
I prefer the carbon over everything. Seems to stay straighter & doesn't nick as easily.

Leave it in vinegar or water/bicarb overnight. Itll go black then just dry it it wipe it with an oily rag everyday

Dropped a metre my ass.
he said a metre and a "bit" :rolleyes:

try the marshaltown permashape gold stainless. fantastic trowel. got a fourteen a few months back. have a look at tool and fix. great prices.

http://www.toolandfix.com/hand-tools/trowels/plasterers-trowels.html

dont think thats taking business away from the sponsors. when i was in there last the bloke was made up he'd just had refina in and started stocking them and they were flying. think he has space on the shelves for nela @Plasterers1StopShop?

he said a metre and a "bit" :rolleyes:

try the marshaltown permashape gold stainless. fantastic trowel. got a fourteen a few months back. have a look at tool and fix. great prices.

http://www.toolandfix.com/hand-tools/trowels/plasterers-trowels.html

dont think thats taking business away from the sponsors. when i was in there last the bloke was made up he'd just had refina in and started stocking them and they were flying. think he has space on the shelves for nela @Plasterers1StopShop?

Will have a look, just signed more NeLa dealers up recently so will see if we can get a few more in

Cheers mate

you need to move on. purchase a marshalltown duraflex premier trowel.[ a premier is a cut above the gold back]. it will not be cheap but it will be your best trowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.