broken in trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

anyone tried one,got a marshalton 2 or 3 month ago(£35 b+q)and was surprised at how good it was

Yeah, I've had my 14x5 a couple of weeks now. Feels comfortable and produces a nice finish.
Highly recommended.

I only buy broken in ones now, also if you buy them from Builing-tools.com they will also burn them in too which is so worth it.

Danny

marshall town are good i prefer tyzak premier even though they say they are broken in its still worth getting the trowel on a sharpening stone to wear the edge down a bit more it will give a better finish also any square edges round them of

danny what difference does burn in make m8y never heard of that but liking the sound of sommit new and fancy better finish ?

we only ever use the marshal pre worn but i still think it takes a long time to get it proper sharp
just curious do tou guys lay on trowel up n polish with the same trowel usually ? i ask coz me m8s a spread down in kent and they use a marshaltown carbon for polish that is razor sharp is this the norm ???

I use a perma shape broken in (bent) Mt 14" for scratching on and laying in and a 11" tyzack centenary for trowelling up. The best trowel to use is the 1 you feel most comfortable with IMHO

we only ever use the marshal pre worn but i still think it takes a long time to get it proper sharp
just curious do tou guys lay on trowel up n polish with the same trowel usually ? i ask coz me m8s a spread down in kent and they use a marshaltown carbon for polish that is razor sharp is this the norm ???

I do mate :)
I do the lot with one trowel mostly. 14" Marshaltown, carbon blade.

i use a marshalltown 18 inch for laying and flattening , but i wouldnt use it to trowel up .. ive got a tyzack 14 inch , the guage of metal is slightly thinner so there is a bit more give when trowelling up . the marsalltown is less forgiving ... not heard of carbon blades though ..

Status
Not open for further replies.