broken in trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

anyone tried one,got a marshalton 2 or 3 month ago(£35 b+q)and was surprised at how good it was

russplas

Yeah, I've had my 14x5 a couple of weeks now. Feels comfortable and produces a nice finish.
Highly recommended.

I only buy broken in ones now, also if you buy them from Builing-tools.com they will also burn them in too which is so worth it.

Danny

trowledover

marshall town are good i prefer tyzak premier even though they say they are broken in its still worth getting the trowel on a sharpening stone to wear the edge down a bit more it will give a better finish also any square edges round them of

regi-boy

danny what difference does burn in make m8y never heard of that but liking the sound of sommit new and fancy better finish ?

regi-boy

we only ever use the marshal pre worn but i still think it takes a long time to get it proper sharp
just curious do tou guys lay on trowel up n polish with the same trowel usually ? i ask coz me m8s a spread down in kent and they use a marshaltown carbon for polish that is razor sharp is this the norm ???

Gary_B

I use a perma shape broken in (bent) Mt 14" for scratching on and laying in and a 11" tyzack centenary for trowelling up. The best trowel to use is the 1 you feel most comfortable with IMHO

Thomas

we only ever use the marshal pre worn but i still think it takes a long time to get it proper sharp
just curious do tou guys lay on trowel up n polish with the same trowel usually ? i ask coz me m8s a spread down in kent and they use a marshaltown carbon for polish that is razor sharp is this the norm ???

I do mate :)
I do the lot with one trowel mostly. 14" Marshaltown, carbon blade.

ian

i use a marshalltown 18 inch for laying and flattening , but i wouldnt use it to trowel up .. ive got a tyzack 14 inch , the guage of metal is slightly thinner so there is a bit more give when trowelling up . the marsalltown is less forgiving ... not heard of carbon blades though ..

Status
Not open for further replies.