Broke me trowel

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

No members online now.
That’s a bad one, I am always breaking trowels but never crap or new ones, had a hole blown in one because a sparky t**t said a box was dead when it wasn’t my drill fell on another one. I usually cut them down with a disc cutter then tart them up, I have quite a few mini trowels

Any pics of cut down ones?

That’s a bad one, I am always breaking trowels but never crap or new ones, had a hole blown in one because a sparky t**t said a box was dead when it wasn’t my drill fell on another one. I usually cut them down with a disc cutter then tart them up, I have quite a few mini trowels

I've only ever lost trowels through being run over and therefore un-cut-downable (it seems spats I've lost through just looking at them a bit funny).
I've always fancied a mini trowel where the handle doesn't overhang the back of the blade, I always seem to snag the handle when I'm in a really tight spot.

I've only ever lost trowels through being run over and therefore un-cut-downable (it seems spats I've lost through just looking at them a bit funny).
I've always fancied a mini trowel where the handle doesn't overhang the back of the blade, I always seem to snag the handle when I'm in a really tight spot.
I know where you are coming from there it was happening to me yesterday with bloody scaffold poles jamming my trowel. Why is it people don’t understand a scaffold for us is different to brick layers and roofers

i nearly wrapped up 3 bed house in 2 days...kitchen and cupboard to skim in the morning....then im gonna skim upstair ceilings in 4 bed plot tommoz.
i need to blag 1 of these fine men to jump on with me to try the spray machine.....help me out captain dan x
Some goin that. Kudos

yeah i work alone mate....
i used to have gangs ...but since i moved to the north west i couldnt pay lads on the disgusting rates that firms are paying up here.
id be embaressed paying lads.
Fair play to u ripping through houses/plots in that rate. Mixing up and cleaning on top of coating and troweling like a demon.

Fair play to u ripping through houses/plots in that rate. Mixing up and cleaning on top of coating and troweling like a demon.

i only do 1 mix a hit....my plots are never cleaned out spotless.
half scrape and brush.
....persimmons jones barratts bellways etc have more money than me...they can clean it themselves.
greedy f**k**s....all they care about is when will it be done.

i only do 1 mix a hit....my plots are never cleaned out spotless.
half scrape and brush.
....persimmons jones barratts bellways etc have more money than me...they can clean it themselves.
greedy f**k**s....all they care about is when will it be done.
Still pain in the arse for me mate lol. But it works for u anyways bud. As said me and a mate have talked about takin work on between us, but realistically we'd want a lab to make it easier for us. Enough to do a day without all the donkey work too. Then I suppose we'd be sand cement floating block walls. What way u work it on stilts for ur ceilings when mixing up urself.

Still pain in the arse for me mate lol. But it works for u anyways bud. As said me and a mate have talked about takin work on between us, but realistically we'd want a lab to make it easier for us. Enough to do a day without all the donkey work too. Then I suppose we'd be sand cement floating block walls. What way u work it on stilts for ur ceilings when mixing up urself.

in my honest opinion my hardest days were floating hardwall and then dropping back to skim it. crazy metres we used to do stinking in the van going home with big red dusty eyes...ruthless days....pure exhaustion even in my early 20s.
sand cement was always easier with a decent lads and labourers mixing it nice and "fluffy"....it would spread itself....floating without the skimming.
skimmming on my own nowadays is a mind numbing thing...its why i like stella.

ive got a pic somewhere il show ya about the stilts.

in my honest opinion my hardest days were floating hardwall and then dropping back to skim it. crazy metres we used to do stinking in the van going home with big red dusty eyes...ruthless days....pure exhaustion even in my early 20s.
sand cement was always easier with a decent lads and labourers mixing it nice and "fluffy"....it would spread itself....floating without the skimming.
skimmming on my own nowadays is a mind numbing thing...its why i like stella.

ive got a pic somewhere il show ya about the stilts.
I like skimming, but to do it almost exclusively almost endlessly would bore f**k out me, plus the wheels slogging match. Groundhog day