@British Gypsum!!!

Members online

Morning. We know this is frustrating. We don't want to give you information about what our merchant/retail customers are doing if it's not accurate. From Monday we are making all materials again and doing our bit to try and minimise the impact on your work. As soon as we can tell you more, we will and we'll post it on here too.

Morning. We know this is frustrating. We don't want to give you information about what our merchant/retail customers are doing if it's not accurate. From Monday we are making all materials again and doing our bit to try and minimise the impact on your work. As soon as we can tell you more, we will and we'll post it on here too.
It’s good to know you’re lurking.......... oops sorry listening in! Lol. (y)

Thankyou

Just for the record @BritishGypsum I dont want my thread to come across as though you havent got the right or done the moraly correct thing closing your production I appreciate you are/were doing the correct thing by looking after your staff and personally dont care if your staying shut until lockdown is relaxed.

It's just to plan what lead times once lock down is relaxed we are all trying to gauge so we can pass that informatio onto our customers.

Am glad to see @BritishGypsum posting updates on here let’s not beat around the bush as said plasterers just want to know ASAP what is going to happen, most are desperate to get back to work right now and need materials
Hi Vincey , around my neck of the woods , all merchants shut down without any notice , and i think bg shut there factories also , but now most merchants are opening again on a click and collect basis also some are delivering . So most would have plaster and board still left in stock ( maybe close too use by dates ) , so with bg opening again and supplying i cant see much of a problem with things getting to some sort of normality ( whatever that my be ) preety soon ... cheers

Just for the record @BritishGypsum I dont want my thread to come across as though you havent got the right or done the moraly correct thing closing your production I appreciate you are/were doing the correct thing by looking after your staff and personally dont care if your staying shut until lockdown is relaxed.

It's just to plan what lead times once lock down is relaxed we are all trying to gauge so we can pass that informatio onto our customers.
Lick asss

Long time lurker 1st time poster.
I've been told today by our local Howarth Timber rep that they're expecting to be upto 12 weeks before theyre something like back to normal supplies.

i just hope that BG have not furlough staff when they could have keeped going like the supermarkets have and have now caused a problem with 10s000 of trades unable to work due to jobs unable to progress, it would be criminal if they received government money.

i just hope that BG have not furlough staff when they could have keeped going like the supermarkets have and have now caused a problem with 10s000 of trades unable to work due to jobs unable to progress, it would be criminal if they received government money.
They had to so we could work safely, far to many different areas and departments and I expect different ways of working to be sorted on our return.