@British Gypsum!!!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
So it would seem the mandate from the goverment in England is allowing construction to work all be it would seem a grey area.

As a trade we are at your mercy with regards to stock from merchants. Appreciate you cannot be to specific but as many small limited companies & sole traders we will need to factor in your lead times to merchants to complete & organise our re start up projects.

So when do you expect to have sufficient stock in merchants for trades to realistically resume there businesses.?

Zombie

So it would seem the mandate from the goverment in England is allowing construction to work all be it would seem a grey area.

As a trade we are at your mercy with regards to stock from merchants. Appreciate you cannot be to specific but as many small limited companies & sole traders we will need to factor in your lead times to merchants to complete & organise our re start up projects.

So when do you expect to have sufficient stock in merchants for trades to realistically resume there businesses.?

Zombie
Scab!

Zombie
@BritishGypsum

Has anyone used the make good skim off here ? Just in case my fears of no bg skim available till end of June

@zombie The best place to ask these questions is the British Gypsum Facebook page. That page is being monitored and they should get back to you but I’d say only during office hours.
Hope that helps
People already asked same questions on there and Twitter without a straight answer. Surely you must have a plan when to get back to full capacity, is it the day after lockdown ends? Will it then take 2 weeks to get enough stock out to merchants? I'm not working currently but it would be nice to know if I can book work in for a month's time, or 6 weeks?

If BG don't know then just say you don't know, response on twitter was to the question do you have stock to supply builders merchants when they reopen was "we're doing everything we can"

Last edited by a moderator:
People already asked same questions on there and Twitter without a straight answer. Surely you must have a plan when to get back to full capacity, is it the day after lockdown ends? Will it then take 2 weeks to get enough stock out to merchants? I'm not working currently but it would be nice to know if I can book work in for a month's time, or 6 weeks?

If BG don't know then just say you don't know, response on twitter was to the question do you have stock to supply builders merchants when they reopen was "we're doing everything we can"
BG don’t know what stock the merchants are holding.

There are other options for board and adhesive. Just go Knauf, Siniat, Falcon, maybe even that Make Good stuff. But finish is where they’ve got us by the balls.

BG don’t know what stock the merchants are holding.
It's a fair assumption that even if they're holding 3 or 4 pallets each it will be gone on first day of opening. Nearly every plasterer is going to want some and buy more than we need as we aren't getting any assurances there's going to be any multi made for merchants any time soon.

I honestly don’t know, I’m not working myself just trying to help out with what I .do know. The only way I’m able to keep updated is by looking at the Facebook page.
That's fair enough. The Facebook page hasn't answered any questions either other than check the website which has the Covid 19 announcement on. It is pretty poor that they aren't keeping their customers in the loop with their plans

I honestly don’t know, I’m not working myself just trying to help out with what I .do know. The only way I’m able to keep updated is by looking at the Facebook page.
So really you’re none the wiser then mate?

Welcome, you’re now in the same boat as us lot.