British Gypsum Releases Habito Board Teaser video

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, we hope you enjoyed the video – just a bit of fun!

The new plasterboard, Gyproc Habito, has been designed to let users fit all the usual items like poles, TV brackets and shelves without special fixings. The board itself is five times stronger than standard plasterboard and can support 15kg of weight.

For more details take a look at the British Gypsum website: http://www.british-gypsum.com/news/...-great-design-flexibility-with-lifestyle-wall

Well my mrs is a Pole and she's not at all happy about being fixed to a plasterboard

Hi all, we hope you enjoyed the video – just a bit of fun!

The new plasterboard, Gyproc Habito, has been designed to let users fit all the usual items like poles, TV brackets and shelves without special fixings. The board itself is five times stronger than standard plasterboard and can support 15kg of weight.

For more details take a look at the British Gypsum website: http://www.british-gypsum.com/news/...-great-design-flexibility-with-lifestyle-wall

I doubt it's better and stronger than good old plywood nogging

I have on two occasions had to board studs with sterling board on new builds prior to dry lining as the customers wanted a solid easy fix option so I would use habito if this type of job came up again,it would still be cheaper than sterling board and 12.5mm pb,I still think it could cost less per sheet though.

I've had a price of £16 a board today. Going to use it in the plant room of the house I'm currently working on. It's BG's version of Fernacell but without the shite FST jointing system. It's acoustic and a firecheck board. Probably weighs a ton.

I've had a price of £16 a board today. Going to use it in the plant room of the house I'm currently working on. It's BG's version of Fernacell but without the shite FST jointing system. It's acoustic and a firecheck board. Probably weighs a ton.

can you take soem photos of it going in :D would be good to see :D

Used it for the first time this morning. It's hard as f**k and 35kg a board. Scored it 3 times with my stanley and it was all I could do to snap it. Trying to put a padsaw through it was fun too. Minsters sent the BG high performance drywall screws with it, non collated though, and i'm glad they did as normal drywall screws wont pull in to the surface because the heads are too flat. The ceiling is going on resi bar and I very much doubt that the screws will pull in, but strip the metal instead and just spin.The high performance screws have a smaller, tapered head, pretty much the same as Fermacell screws, but they still aren't easy to set properly. It's going to be a long job cutting & fixing them, so i'm glad there's only 23 to do.

Used it for the first time this morning. It's hard as f**k and 35kg a board. Scored it 3 times with my stanley and it was all I could do to snap it. Trying to put a padsaw through it was fun too. Minsters sent the BG high performance drywall screws with it, non collated though, and i'm glad they did as normal drywall screws wont pull in to the surface because the heads are too flat. The ceiling is going on resi bar and I very much doubt that the screws will pull in, but strip the metal instead and just spin.The high performance screws have a smaller, tapered head, pretty much the same as Fermacell screws, but they still aren't easy to set properly. It's going to be a long job cutting & fixing them, so i'm glad there's only 23 to do.
I know you fixing them to metal but try these if you would fix it on to timber http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAIL-SCRE...hash=item3a82d2d427:m:mrExZ7q0KjAkV4HBiTd5Swg fits your hilti nail gun

Initially it was going to be Fermacell for the plant room and the larder, then I saw the Habito so suggested that because the Fernacell jointing system is horrible. In the plant room there is an MVHR unit which hums a bit and it's below one of the kid's rooms so using it for soundproofing really. There's loads of high tech Eco s**t control boxes going on the walls too.

Status
Not open for further replies.