British Gypsum Rebrands Its Plaster Products Into Three Classifications for Ease of Reference

Members online

Grouping its plasters into three distinct categories, British Gypsum has rebranded its four Thistle performance plasters to ThistlePro, its standard plaster range to Thistle Essential and its patching and repair products now fall under Thistle Repair.

The rebrand has been introduced to offer easier reference to installers for choosing the correct plaster for a specific job. Thistle plaster products offer a full range of specific and multi-purpose solutions for all internal plastering and backgrounds and now fall under these three distinct categories for ease of classification.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/briti...-three-classifications-for-ease-of-reference/

ThistlePro-DuraFinish.png

How is it plaster that has been used on site all over England since the eighties, multi and Hardwall are now branded as “essential” which implies for the diy man or woman whilst the mega expensive stuff is called “pro” implying its for professionals when really it’s a play on words designed to make people buy the expensive gear, how has Plastering become a marketing thing? f**k**g idiots

So what’s the deal with the pro pure finish? Do they mean once the plaster is done “ A skim finish plaster that contains ACTIVair technology to remove formaldehyde (a common VOC) from the air, making indoor space healthier “ aaaaaa?

Will be perfect for me ( a moron who apparently knows nothing about plastering ), I can make my plaster choices wisely and sleep at night better

Will be perfect for me ( a moron who apparently knows nothing about plastering ), I can make my plaster choices wisely and sleep at night better
You need to give your head a wobble lad....stop being a victim just makes you look weak. Just have a toe to toe row with anyone who gives you s**t, you'll get that respect you desperately want from that not moaning about online bullying

So what’s the deal with the pro pure finish? Do they mean once the plaster is done “ A skim finish plaster that contains ACTIVair technology to remove formaldehyde (a common VOC) from the air, making indoor space healthier “ aaaaaa?
It’s great material mate I used on a ceiling yesterday, trowels up so easily and like you say takes out 70% of voc in air in room , they say just having the surface area of the ceiling covered with it is enough to reach the 70% but tbh it’s all I have been using now when skimming for past 8 months or so ,
B5305E53-AD8D-4A38-9C28-2A96FF4EDF91.jpeg
7BD62215-AD15-4255-9981-65941F7E9FE6.jpeg
0329AAA8-4464-44E9-A3F1-E95205486E24.jpeg

You need to give your head a wobble lad....stop being a victim just makes you look weak. Just have a toe to toe row with anyone who gives you s**t, you'll get that respect you desperately want from that not moaning about online bullying
No he won't, he's royally f**k*d any chance of that.

It’s great material mate I used on a ceiling yesterday, trowels up so easily and like you say takes out 70% of voc in air in room , they say just having the surface area of the ceiling covered with it is enough to reach the 70% but tbh it’s all I have been using now when skimming for past 8 months or so ,
View attachment 26031View attachment 26032View attachment 26033
So how long does it keep taking this death gas out of the air Pete?

View attachment 26031View attachment 26032View attachment 26033
So what’s the purpose of it mate? I’m not catching on here ? You using it instead of multi an board finish? Works looking sweeet .

So how long does it keep taking this death gas out of the air Pete?
Upto 50 years I think bg state mate at the 70%
So what’s the purpose of it mate? I’m not catching on here ? You using it instead of multi an board finish? Works looking sweeet .
Yes mate it doesn’t take long to work out it’s the best plaster available, for the slight extra cost imo it’s not even worth bothering about taking my chances on multi, all I want is consistent plaster and customers tbf love the fact they get benefit of cleaner air in rooms , basically it locks the the voc into the plaster
Big push in a lot of the trade for cleaner air in rooms not just bg plasters but in all renovation products, insulation and paints to name a few
Anyone I know who has tried it says the same about the material to use .

Yes mate it doesn’t take long to work out it’s the best plaster available, for the slight extra cost imo it’s not even worth bothering about taking my chances on multi, all I want is consistent plaster and customers tbf love the fact they get benefit of cleaner air
Big push in a lot of the trade for cleaner air in rooms not just bg plasters but in all renovation products, insulation and paints to name a few
Was just reading more into it there.. says it helps air flow an less emissions. Never new I had emmisons in my rooms haha! So plaster a room with this gear an it will be like standing on top of a mountain then ? If I see any bags available I might give it a bash. Looks good gravy. .

Was just reading more into it there.. says it helps air flow an less emissions. Never new I had emmisons in my rooms haha! So plaster a room with this gear an it will be like standing on top of a mountain then ? If I see any bags available I might give it a bash. Looks good gravy. .
Selco are starting to stock it , if you do use a few bags please post up your thoughts of using it as I’m sure most on here think I’m full of s**t

Ffs @Vincey off with his BG sales pitch bollox again!

S.N.A.K.E
Seriously mate try some I’ll even bet you cash you will say it’s the business
Name your price
And tbf you are ideal candidate to try it as everyone knows you totally impartial

I refuse to pay any more than i would for a bag of Multifinish or buy a pallet at a time.

So im out!
Don't mind buying a pallet bit expect cheaper than shelf multi

I refuse to pay any more than i would for a bag of Multifinish or buy a pallet at a time.

So im out!
Totally understand mate , I can’t really say anything to that , but if I’m correct you could message Gary at bg he’d pop upto you and bring you a few bags to try for free , tbf it is very similar to a good bag of board finish but better and in all fairness to there pro range they are all more expensive because the gear is better, doubt they will ever come down in price but I don’t mind paying more , even vimark gb1 is £10 a bag ish and that’s good quality plaster too

Yes mate it doesn’t take long to work out it’s the best plaster available, for the slight extra cost imo it’s not even worth bothering about taking my chances on multi, all I want is consistent plaster and customers tbf love the fact they get benefit of cleaner air in rooms , basically it locks the the voc into the plaster
And it does this through the paint? Clever stuff.
They used to make decent to use plaster as a matter of course, shame on them for only making their premium price gear nice.

To right I’ll be shouting about any other good gear that comes out too in the future, what a miserable bunch you are
It’s only £8 a bag whooh whooo not exactly gonna break the bank is it

******* I hope u can see them bullying me lol good job I take no s**t
Bring it on skimmers

To right I’ll be shouting about any other good gear that comes out too in the future, what a miserable bunch you are

Bring it on skimmers

I can see it mate! Welcome to the club!
It's the customer who gets it anyway ....

Bring it on skimmers
That is a lot compared with £4.30 though isn't it. Imagine how many bags the likes of @algeeman , @Gibbo and @maltman777 get through in a year.
All most spreads want is a decent normal bag of skim.

Bring it on skimmers

£8 a bag ??
For what ??
A bag of brown :vomito::vomito: