British gypsum freebies

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

Alright lads once again thanks again @Danny and @BritishGypsum for a quality mine tour, danny you took to long to make it to the pub for a pint @jesssop started to eye me up so I had to get going :RpS_w00t:

Has as anyone tried out there freebies yet I've tried the new unifinsh mark 2 must admit it pulled in really quick on the 1st coat but settled down on the second all in all seemed ok just hope it stays on the wall but not tried the magnetic plaster yet

keep testing my tpf pint glass every night cheers again Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Bare plaster very high suction so gave it a coat of pva no way would it have stayed on without it I know it defeats the object but I wasn't going to take the risk

I want to use that magnetic plaster but can't find somewhere to use it, got a price from the merchants and it £52.65 + vat a bag so I'm not gonna waste it

Got a good warranty with it.

Just pva it first it'll be fine :RpS_thumbsup:

To be honest I wouldn't risk it if I had any given me,
They're just using everyone as guinea pigs :RpS_thumbdn:
I won't buy anymore again. :RpS_thumbdn:

Whats the warranty Stuart?

Just pva it first it'll be fine :RpS_thumbsup:

To be honest I wouldn't risk it if I had any given me,
They're just using everyone as guinea pigs :RpS_thumbdn:
I won't buy anymore again. :RpS_thumbdn:

Whats the warranty Stuart?

They will pay for ceiling to be fixed and any painting costs, also damage to furniture and carpets should they be damaged.

Which merchants are giving it to you at that price @thebigfella @Nisus got the call the other week with the free gear and the warranty so asked and they assured me they would pay for everything including decoration and redoing it, so I said I would just hang fire for the same reasons I won't put my reputation on the line for five free bags. He said it won't come off so I said that's what I'm saying it normally does lol

Your only talkin £25 for five bags of multie and a tenner for Pva I wouldn't even try it on my own house but hope it works coz it would be good

I agree mate, I won't be doubling my material costs to save me rolling some pva on the wall but at the same time just wanting to see what it's like.

I agree mate, I won't be doubling my material costs to save me rolling some pva on the wall but at the same time just wanting to see what it's like.
Fair play so did I but thought I would wait :) you doin it on a customer or your own?

It's a couple I do a lot of work for, explained it was a test plaster and showed them stuff I was sent through re warranty and that and they were happy to go ahead. If it ever did fail they know it wouldn't be down to me so everything cool. Would you have taking five bag of magnetic to test before it came out lol

It's a couple I do a lot of work for, explained it was a test plaster and showed them stuff I was sent through re warranty and that and they were happy to go ahead. If it ever did fail they know it wouldn't be down to me so everything cool. Would you have taking five bag of magnetic to test before it came out lol
Yes :) I've got half a bag still not used but I'm sure that works but without the right preperations I would say it would fall off :)

Which merchants are giving it to you at that price @thebigfella @Nisus got the call the other week with the free gear and the warranty so asked and they assured me they would pay for everything including decoration and redoing it, so I said I would just hang fire for the same reasons I won't put my reputation on the line for five free bags. He said it won't come off so I said that's what I'm saying it normally does lol

Travis perkins he said that was there best price?

No time limit on it.

Well at least they are going to pay for the re plastering & re decoration that will need doing fairly soon when the customer rings you, just think more work for you/us :RpS_thumbsup:
We could be onto something here lads :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.