British Gypsum Beads

Members online

The plot thickens...

Spoke to my pal who does new builds. Mentioned the beads being decent. His firm got fined £1500 by British Gypsum for not using their beads. And it’s now compulsory if using their skim.

Anyone heard this? @BritishGypsum
Yeah 100% mate, was on a Bellway site before Xmas and it was the same, had to be BG scrim as well.

The plot thickens...

Spoke to my pal who does new builds. Mentioned the beads being decent. His firm got fined £1500 by British Gypsum for not using their beads. And it’s now compulsory if using their skim.

Anyone heard this? @BritishGypsum
Its same for boards,skim,beads,adesive etc..basically when you tender for a job you have got to use what the contractor wants..he will give u a list and you need to go from that list,even there give you a choice of a few builders merchants and u have got to choose 1..so if you have been using a merchant 4 years but there not on the list you cant choose them..all about monopolying the money and controlling where it goes.its standard practice

I’ve heard a rumour from an agent that bg are trying to get all the big firms under one umbrella and then bg themselves are the only tender for jobs then they’ll pass the job onto whichever firm is most local, apparently to try to stop undercutting prices, no idea if there’s any truth in it.

I do hope that you're joking Pete?It's not always easy to tell, you're such a frigging loon bin. No offense.
Always full spec for me mate
FD01A6DD-E34B-487B-ABB8-CB0330601E75.jpeg

if its in the spec then use it. its for insurance warranty purposes.

like installing a webber mono but using hpx as a basecoat.

small builders dont tend to.worry but nationals have always been gotta be whats specced