brighton 'building' company...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris W

01273 617 040

ive had two calls from this company based in brighton that say they have lots of contract work, had to let the last contractor go etc etc, bout 8 jobs a month etc... sounds like maintanance work for housing associations etc..

now then, both times ive rung back to find its a large company (well, a large office with lots going on in the background anyway), no one has heard of me (although the bloke who leaves the messages says he got my number via recommendation) and they like to put me on hold for 20 minutes whilst they 'go and get the file' to see what work theyve got in my area etc etc...

twice theyve called, twice ive rung back but hung up after a couple of minutes of waiting expecting them to ring back which of course they never do...

cant remember the name of the firm of the top something like DSB builders or somesuch...

anyone else had this lately??

I had a simmilar 1 last year,once they retrieved my file, its for onlt £180 a year we can pass you unlimited contract for you to bid on.Cant rember the name , butt know there were from Brighton.

yes ive had one from the same company i let them give me the big spill .........interestingly they said they get their work through advertising .........never seen one advert locally ..never even heard of them ???............theyre probably playing a cd with office noises in the background ;D

nice one lads... ill not waste any more time on it then...
funnily enough they never got as far as telling me it was actually gonna cost me money...
maybe the trick is to see how long you'll hang on the other end of the phone for...
any longer than 3 or 4 minutes and they must reckon youre desparate for work and youll agree to anything...

tossers....

it costs money.....if it was as good as they say theyd make enough on commission .............there thieves mate

if anyone finds there address post it on here ..then all our waste probs can be over...f.ck it i will even teach em how to do that drapery pattern using an eel ;D

whats the telephone number we can put it into all the intresting sites on the net so they know what it feels like to have a 1000 cold callers in a day, that a cost them big time because whille people are calling them they cant call out. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

its in the first post mate..
heres another from same company 01273 878 222
seeing as i dont know anyone in brighton and im based in peterborough as my ad clearly states, its unlikely to be anyone else as its in my missed calls...
o and the 'can i speak to the person who pays the phone bill so i can interest him in coming to bt etc' are usually manchester numbers...
0151? i think?

nice one mfw well worth a read people...
the bit where they reply about them being a reputable company with all this 'registered with the good lads club' bollox...
where does "Hi, i got your number by recommendation and have some work in your area, could you contact 'non existent name' (according to the bloke who answered when i rang back) as we had to let the bloke who had the contract in your area go"... fit into the 'good lads club'? so much for being a member of some bollox trade federation...
but then ive known that for years as one of the companies i used to work for secured a membership for some of the most shocking work ive ever seen...

danny how about that 'beware the bullsh'tter' section?

Status
Not open for further replies.