Brickie,s

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkillie

I took on a 2week job in Glasgow for a subby i knew 4/5 years ago tidy wee job he said so off on Monday i went Hardwall and finish, F?CK me i thought with the lack of work the standard would be raised but i,ve never coated brickwork so bad 14mm coat and i,m out 60mm in places, it seems the lower they drive the price the worse trades they get but it,s OK the plasterer will fix it, does this ring a bell lads? :mad:

Yeah , ive also seen and plastered over some horrendous blockwork in my time.
And it was down to the spreads to fix it up :mad:

yep, all the time on old houses esspecially, remember someone on here saying "it aint up to us to make a wall level and plumb its down to the brickie" yeah that would be the case, but brickies dont seem to give a s**t about what they do, if we plastered walls and followed the brick work to a T then the walls would be f**k**g all over the shot! might as well just free hand the f**k**s!

the job im on its so good faced up etc there tiling straight onto it so theres no excuses :-\..........then they go and put the linings in nearly 20mm .............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

I do remember a job i did about 10 year ago it was a school for a reputable company and the walls were out 2-3" out from top to bottom we had to dub it all out before we started, and it was on splayed walls which made it twice as hard so i told the foreman and he said i think the local farmers built it, which i think was an attempt at a joke :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.