Breathable Render suitable for 1935 Semi?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpotmum

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay per sq mtr for breathable render, and what sort of render we should consider please. The house we have just purchased is currently covered in a thick plastic sprayed on plasticised paint, which I think is stopping the house from breathing. We have stripped off the interior plaster which was in a bad way, and taken up the floorboards, which has dried the house out nicely, and will also insert modern fast flow airbricks, but the 1935 exterior red bricks are soft and we have been told sand or soda blasting will damage them and the house will need to be rendered. Chemical stripping gets the paint off, but leaves a grey reside on the bricks.
Thanks
Flowerpotmum

We sell a Breathable Insulating plaster called Diathonite. It can be used internally and externally. Please drop me an email: ryan@pftcentral.co.uk and I will pass your details onto a company who can provide a specification etc. We will also pass your details onto a recommended contractor.

Ryan

Is what your saying Malc ,but if it goes out it must come in ,or is it me ,to many years in the damp game i think :RpS_blushing:
what else can it breathe, a wall cannot breathe air without lungs.
a wall decorated in a plastic finish would be sealed and waterproofe.
when you insert a dpc you are only stopping rising damp

what else can it breathe, a wall cannot breathe air without lungs.
a wall decorated in a plastic finish would be sealed and waterproofe.
when you insert a dpc you are only stopping rising damp
Ok ,now i see what you mean ....i think i will just go to bed :RpS_crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.