breathable Monocouche render

Anyone used the Bauwer light? @Rigsby

Did you go on thick Rigsby? Did you use beads or battens?
Yes used it last week and today.

You can put it on thick, me today about 35-40mm in two passes.

It will be 70mm by tomorrow.

It takes 1 bucket of water per bag but is still very light. You can easily build up corners freehand without battens.

The finish though is more like using self levelling compound. Leave the lite for as many days as you can because it takes days to harden. The finish is not like gypsum but I got it flat and smoothed it down the next day. Bit like how you skim Limelite finish.

Really easy stuff to use and extremely light.

Yes used it last week and today.

You can put it on thick, me today about 35-40mm in two passes.

It will be 70mm by tomorrow.

It takes 1 bucket of water per bag but is still very light. You can easily build up corners freehand without battens.

The finish though is more like using self levelling compound. Leave the lite for as many days as you can because it takes days to harden. The finish is not like gypsum but I got it flat and smoothed it down the next day. Bit like how you skim Limelite finish.

Really easy stuff to use and extremely light.

Thanks Rigs, can you finish the lite same day? how do you get it flat with spat, then sponge? Is the light easy to get perfectly flat if for example you wanted to put a 1.5mm on top?

Thanks Rigs, can you finish the lite same day? how do you get it flat with spat, then sponge? Is the light easy to get perfectly flat if for example you wanted to put a 1.5mm on top?

It is so light and fluffy you can get it perfectly flat with no slumps.

I used a aluminium straght edge and a light spattng just to close the texture in flat and smooth. Then a plastic devil float lightly gliding over the surface.

Cant go wrong. No cracks either.

Have you tried the Bennu with any finishes?

No mate, it's a bit pricey I think £600,but if i didn't have a eze24 I would of bought one.
What are they like mate?
I've heard they are good but can't see how you would do ceilings with it

Vince what do you want too see a picture for?
Get a free bag and make a sample board up for clients to see[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Job starts on march 20th he wanted to see sample shown him Keith's close up one he was happy to go with that tbh

Rasolite base coat at close look....can you spot the fibres?
af7a4eeedce43baba7d958d7d0e45871.jpg

You could also count all the fibres in it or.....just apply it over tired but solid render:
e4b1f6633bf585b2590d839ef13872dc.jpg

Vimark renders – five facts:

1) Vimark renders manufactured from top quality minerals mined from Lingurian Alps in Northern Italy

2) Vimark render is a well-respected render brand, being sold in France and Italy for 35 years

3) Vimark quality is one of the best on the UK and Ireland market, especially in scratch render applications (monocouche render Monochrome) and over the old solid render applications (Rasolite)

4) Vimark render offers 10 years manufacturer guarantee

5) Vimark renders and plasters are competitively priced

We supply siloxane mono sealer Vimasil Acqua with 1000L IBCs as well now, please PM for a quote

What's the difference between silanes-siloxanes and silicone based mono sealers?

All three materials have waterproofing applications. Silanes are monomers, the smallest and most simple of the three molecules. Silanes are best suited for dense surfaces like concrete. High concentrations of about 40% are necessary because of silane’s volatility. Siloxanes oligomers are larger and more complex molecules than silanes. They provide excellent moisture protection to monocouche renders as well as more porous surfaces. Siloxanes can be blended with silanes to produce a treatment with the advantages of both materials. Silicone polymers are much large molecules and are used in caulks and sealants. Silicones sealers are much cheaper option and can be used for protecting porous natural stone that has a neutral ph. For monocouche applications, concrete and masonry, silanes-siloxanes sealers penetrate much farther vs silicone based, as silanes-siloxanes moleculas are smaller and preserve the surface’s original appearance but those are considerably more expensive vs cheap silicone based sealers.

Last edited:
I said this as soon as bauwer came in here and maintained a presence and good quality responses they'd be class 2017 I reckon more and more will get on it just don't Feck the price up, or the quality after.
I have had a site meeting today with Alexander @Bauwer to go over the spec on a job ,arenino is going to be the chosen product , the point is this is the second time I have had the pleasure of Alex's company and have found him to be a really nice guy and totally professional,I can't see problem s with dealing with him more regular in the future ,keep up the good work@bauwer!And the products he is peddling is good gear I would urge anyone to give it a go....

Vimark's breathable scratch render Monochrome, the finish loved by customers. Photos before and after, project by A Alec Swift Plastering & rendering:

Attachments

• Monochrome 6.jpg
    Monochrome 6.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 261
  • Monochrome 5.jpg
    Monochrome 5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 259
  • Monochrome 4.jpg
    Monochrome 4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Monochrome 3.jpg
    Monochrome 3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Monochrome 2.jpg
    Monochrome 2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Monochrome 1.jpg
    Monochrome 1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 264
At the moment we are expanding our Vimark render stockists network.

The idea is to make our premium quality renders more accessible to the plastering community by introducing a local Vimark render stockist.

Where do you buy scratch render and base coat locally? Would your local stockist be interested in distributing Vimark render?

Vimark render offers extremely popular base coats, fibre reinforced over the old render base coat Rasolite is a good example, which is a highly desirable stocking item. All our stockist are keep running out of Rasolite stock every month due to high demand to be honest. So wider stockist coverage is really essential for premium service to the plastering community.

We are delighted to offer our valued customers free tickets to come and see us at the London Homebuilding & Renovating Show, stand G131. The show will be held at ExCeL, from the 22 – 24 September 2017. Our team will be on site to answer any questions you may have about our renders and insulation, and offer expert advice to assist with any projects you are working on.

Vimark render offers wide range of Monocouche scratch render systems, fibre reinforced base coats and thin coats,
external insulation facade systems, tile adhesive, screeds & industrial floor systems, NHL lime renders and micro cement systems. Looking forward to seeing you at the show and making your project a success with Vimark render.

Attachments

• Expo.JPG
    Expo.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 288