Bran Spankers

Members online

SmoothCriminal

Is it just me who doesn’t drive a brand new van these days 03 plate an still solid ha! All
I see is new tradesman vans kicking around with new logos.

55 plate SWB tranny here. Does the job and not too tatty...not sign written. Paid less than 2k for it, so doesn't owe me anything now. Touch wood it'll keep going for a couple more years.

I bought a new one but I'm not into a new one every few years. Bought it for security will take care of it service it etc and only do about 8k per year so in ten years will only have done 80k, hoping it means no worries about things going on it etc for a good while and if everything slows down I own it out right so can't be taken off me/doesn't become a burden with payments

57 ex Royal Mail only had 55thou on clock when I got it only prob is it locks its Sen after bout 5 seconds so can’t forget to take key out

57 ex Royal Mail only had 55thou on clock when I got it only prob is it locks its Sen after bout 5 seconds so can’t forget to take key out
Haha! Mines does the same but takes the bloody piss out me.. auto lock when it wants.. the good old trips back an forward to the van becomes a game to the van I think. When it should have locks it’s open but I think it’s locked an press open, but really I’m locking it again, so it’s back in the pocket to open it again, all with the extra bag of board finish in my other arm ,, can really kill it sometimes on Mondays

5B62B840-FDEE-4B35-9D9A-DF179DB25A6A.jpeg
Had a disastrous mishap in my old Vito down this tight lane recently, totally gutted, was a good workhorse.

03D11B7E-6EDB-4517-94E6-70A483A6DA31.jpeg
Replaced with this, much better on fuel, easier to drive and a cool camera on the dashboard for reversing. Love the van but more debt to my name.

If your earning the coin, a new van costs you nothing as you can offset it against your tax bill and get right down against it.

its Good to here there still old vans kicking around, my vans in great nic for a 03 but it looks old with all the new vans deals people are clearly getting an on finance,, but suppose if ya have the paper why not. I just think keeping a brand new plastering van clean would be very hard,, I’m surprised other cars can see me through the plaster cloud. One burst plaster bag = game over van ha!

If your earning the coin, a new van costs you nothing as you can offset it against your tax bill and get right down against it.
Sadly I didn’t have the 8.5k sitting around in the bank so I’ve got to pay it off. My old van was a trusty steed and I was totally gutted to write it off. I felt sick as it was paid for and I was annoyed with myself for damaging it. But the new van is great got it ply lined and roof bars aswell.

I have never spent more than £1500 on a van infact if I remember right the first ever van I bought was £125 for an old Morris ex GPO :bailando:

I have never spent more than £1500 on a van infact if I remember right the first ever van I bought was £125 for an old Morris ex GPO :bailando:
I had an old ex GPO Morris Ital van. Great old thing, so reliable and didn't get an oil change in seven years lol.

Only artificial that mate, any good panel beater would've put it right for 300 quid
Yeah I decided that the van was well past it’s best a fair bit of rust and it needed a fair bit of work for its service and mot, very juicy on the diesel and it wasn’t just the surface damage the side door was totally fecked and the back light popped off. I decided to let the insurance write it off and use the money to invest in a better vehicle. I was looking at a new van anyway, but it was just the disappointment in myself for the damage. I don’t know if you can see from the earlier picture but I was in a real narrow lane down the back of a pub and on my way out I come off the slope at the wrong angle and I couldn’t reverse and rectify my position because a lump of kerb behind the back wheel, it was hardly anything touching the van but it did a lot of damage .

My last tranni on a 51 plate was bullet proof . Looked a pile of s**t but ran for ever. Best ever trannis before they started putting all these sensorsand warning lights on em .

My last tranni on a 51 plate was bullet proof . Looked a pile of s**t but ran for ever. Best ever trannis before they started putting all these sensorsand warning lights on em .
My favourite van I’ve used was a long wheel base high top transit. Great van but it didn’t age well and was slow. But the space in it was brilliant.