Braces (Suspenders) for work trousers and belts.

Wayners

Perry make braces that will clip to belt vs crocodile clips. Just got a pair from ebay from America for under £20. Also available in the UK. Those metal crocodile clips on some can come off so these plastic belt hooks are a really good idea
1617567048489_compress55.jpg

Tushi belts are good although you have to remove buckle to thread through loops. They make 2 types and both great like this magnetic catch version

1617219172913_compress98.jpg

Or mechanical catch

1617618100935_compress9.jpg

Hammer on buttons work great for but button braces / suspenders sold at screwfix but don't work with belt though. I like to carry stuff on belt pouches. Easy hammer on though on the outside
1617618286283_compress80.jpg

Brimarc braces X style with clips are easily available in the UK and if your over 6 foot buy tall man length. I buy the wide heavy duty straps.

So to recap
Tushi belts either buckle type..
Perry Y Shape. Only seem to come in Y Shape with the plastic belt hooks. I like these.
Or brimarc with clips.
If you want button fix buy the hammer on buttons 17mm ish.. Think some are 16mm

Belts under £10
Braces (Suspenders) under £20

You can also get velcro belt loops. They wrap around the belt.
Also braces with belt loop clasps. Not tried them but hooking on belt loops is also a good idea.

I like to carry fastback knife for board and general cutting plus tape measure and phone holder so belt is important with the weight.

I've had belts done up so tight it hurts plus its put my back out and yet trousers constantly need pulling up. Must be great for some hanging stuff off belt no problem. Not me though.
Remember builders bum on a job many years ago and lady customer shouted at them. Can't say it was a pretty picture although I cracked up.

Belt loop clasp type here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0722KF...abc_475WA6SQ5F3XA82R4WH1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone gone for the heavy duty drill driver and hammer tool belt braces? Some you can hang a chain saw off or other heavy tools. Clever..

Last edited:
If you wear braces just remember to put a vest under your T shirt !! I tryed them once without and my nipples was like pups noses !! Never again I tell ya !!! 8 hours of chaffing !!!!!!!!

St
If you wear braces just remember to put a vest under your T shirt !! I tryed them once without and my nipples was like pups noses !! Never again I tell ya !!! 8 hours of chaffing !!!!!!!!
Straps in wrong place at the front. Need to be out the side a tad more and it fine away so no joggers nipple. Lol.

Too far out straps fall off shoulder so need to be in correct spot for you. No grandfathers or others to pass on this information I guess. Cotton sting vests are great and much cooler vs the thermal that's too hot. They are much longer in the body if you want a vest I'd recommend them. I prefer to hide braces vs over the top of t shirts on show as it's more a statement I think. Some can carry it off while others look a idiot and a bit blue oyster

That's it. Da da da da du du du. Classic. Brilliant bit of comedy. :)

Other problem is. People tighten straps. You get shoulder pain or back pain. Need to be slack and loose when stood up.Your general movement will keep trousers up and should not know you got them on.

St

Straps in wrong place at the front. Need to be out the side a tad more and it fine away so no joggers nipple. Lol.

Too far out straps fall off shoulder so need to be in correct spot for you. No grandfathers or others to pass on this information I guess. Cotton sting vests are great and much cooler vs the thermal that's too hot. They are much longer in the body if you want a vest I'd recommend them. I prefer to hide braces vs over the top of t shirts on show as it's more a statement I think. Some can carry it off while others look a idiot and a bit blue oyster

Anyone know the way to tie laces so they don't come undone yet you can still pull the end as normal. That was another frustration of mine. Seems sometimes ladders and on your feat all day causes laces to come loose. Maybe a post for another day as I know..

What are those SITE joggers like from B&Q @ Cockney1? Any good me ol fruit?
Sorry I can’t help you I don’t shop there. I wear snickers work trousers and I can throughly recommend them (y) They do a 34in inside leg.

Perry make braces that will clip to belt vs crocodile clips. Just got a pair from ebay from America for under £20. Also available in the UK. Those metal crocodile clips on some can come off so these plastic belt hooks are a really good idea View attachment 60026

Tushi belts are good although you have to remove buckle to thread through loops. They make 2 types and both great like this magnetic catch version

View attachment 60027
Or mechanical catch

View attachment 60028

Hammer on buttons work great for but button braces / suspenders sold at screwfix but don't work with belt though. I like to carry stuff on belt pouches. Easy hammer on though on the outside View attachment 60030
Brimarc braces X style with clips are easily available in the UK and if your over 6 foot buy tall man length. I buy the wide heavy duty straps.

So to recap
Tushi belts either buckle type..
Perry Y Shape. Only seem to come in Y Shape with the plastic belt hooks. I like these.
Or brimarc with clips.
If you want button fix buy the hammer on buttons 17mm ish.. Think some are 16mm

Belts under £10
Braces (Suspenders) under £20

looks like parts of my kids pram