boycott the builder!!

Cornelius

Anyone out there deliberately choosing to completely avoid working for builders and or other Plasterers?

Anyone out there deliberately choosing to completely avoid working for builders and or other Plasterers?
There’s builders and there builders, any tool can call themselves a builder.
A Shite builder is a jobber that tries to screw every last drop out of a badly organised job, and will tackle bits himself even though he doesn’t know what he’s doing, and can’t afford to finance jobs.
A good builder is well organised, leaves you to it, makes his money by being well organised and adding a bit onto each trade, and has a good reputation so thus gets better jobs in the first place......Just work for them ones.

A Shite builder is a jobber that tries to screw every last drop out of a badly organised job, and will tackle bits himself even though he doesn’t know what he’s doing, and can’t afford to finance jobs.
A good builder is well organised, leaves you to it, makes his money by being well organised and adding a bit onto each trade, and has a good reputation so thus gets better jobs in the first place......Just work for them ones.
One we work for has took most of cash of a job and no where near finished. Proper feel for customer. Thing is she has a good job and now threatening court . Hope she finishes him to be far . f**k**g no trade Rob dog

Never ever met a well organised builder. Even other spreads are total nightmare now, has everyone in the trade gone totally toxic now?

One we work for has took most of cash of a job and no where near finished. Proper feel for customer. Thing is she has a good job and now threatening court . Hope she finishes him to be far . fkg no trade Rob dog
Plenty of them about, gives the building game a bad image.

Never ever met a well organised builder. Even other spreads are total nightmare now, has everyone in the trade gone totally toxic now?

I've worked for builders on top of their game mate.
They needed 2 batteries on thier phones to constantly work thier business.
There is good firms out there.
I was working in posh areas just outside London at the time.

I wouldn't entertain the north west different mentality to earning money.

Since I moved up here I can honestly see why there is a divide.

Southern regions are about business...

Up north it's how can I make a small pound on someone .....
f**k**g pathetic.

Very well put. Few on here isn’t there lol?

Proper builders can usually do it all but do it all properly including plastering.one of me pals us a s**t hot builder 30+ years. Can plaster as good as anyone but gets me in instead.

Payment on the dot? With cis statements aswell?
Yep I invoice them on completion and I’m paid the following week, sometimes a fortnight,unless otherwise specified. and it’s big amounts too, 20 grand plus isn’t uncommon. Cis statements are usually near following.
Be wary of builders that use you as a free banking/credit service ie using your money on a job to fund there jobs.

Very well put. Few on here isn’t there lol?

Proper builders can usually do it all but do it all properly including plastering.one of me pals us a s**t hot builder 30+ years. Can plaster as good as anyone but gets me in instead.
He’s smart making Money off others, without knackering his own body plastering.

I've been spoilt , the two builders I work for can both plaster but not put as much on , they make no profit and get the customer to pay direct , bank transfer straight away , no questions about my bill and as they plaster they understand what's involved, nothing is too much trouble for them , they say reliability and quality has a knock on effect to their work and that's profit enough.

I don't do work for them anymore. They are unreliable when the program you to come, sorry its not ready, bits half done when you turn up etc,,,,, phone you up I need you to come over right away, cancel anything you are doing. Though when I started I needed them to get a start until established.
Example at this moment I am doing a 1off for my neighbour, I said this will not work for me his extension because they reasons, he convinced me.
Usual, I should have finished today, at least 2 weeks before builder would complete, turn up bits missing, patching, guys arsing about. Large areas half done. Bits not straight, endless.
Builder asked would I do his future work.
Thanks for asking, not for me. told him why, he just gave me a look.

No builders anymore. Domestic only last 12 years. I'll do the odd extension only direct to customer and always get a draw every Friday .never leave to much money on the job in case they run out of dosh.

Really good builders are like gold dust. Actually, I’d say I know one builder. The others were ‘builders’ trying their hand at it.

When I work for my builder there’s no f**k**g about and I’ve worked for them for ten years now so we have a good laugh. I’d bet imago would be good to work for.

Others though..... What a headache

Me haven't worked for a builder for about 10 years. The reason is they whant you work your boalls off for s**t money rather do quality private work on half wage not kill my self. And some of them think they know everything about building including plastering. And they now know f**k all. Master builders of all trades lol more like master baters some of them.

All over Facebook lately plasterers wannabe builder & offering building services because a fam member or mate is a builder unreal !
we just do on price with builders
Only the worms go on day rate because they can not price , then will moan about it .

I hate builders, for all the above reasons.. steer clear of them as much as I can.
Your all ( most of you ) right to moan and don't disagree , I spent many years moving on and turning work away before finding a good one , but they are out their , ones that get lots of trades in are bound to be a made as too many cogs , a good quality solo multi trade one is worth searching out as long as your the only other cog ,
PS I'm not sharing x

When u want paying they say they haven't been paid yet. Did a kitchen ceiling for one builder . Just scim it make good walls. When I get there ceilings focked. Have to pull it down reboard it . back to brick in some places on walls ect . Right long pig of a day had to finish it as had work booked next day.when he paid me only got original money he said customer wouldn't pay for extra work.

When u want paying they say they haven't been paid yet. Did a kitchen ceiling for one builder . Just scim it make good walls. When I get there ceilings focked. Have to pull it down reboard it . back to brick in some places on walls ect . Right long pig of a day had to finish it as had work booked next day.when he paid me only got original money he said customer wouldn't pay for extra work.
That's why I don't work for the c.nts , same s**t all the time, who needs that in your life . Couldn't stand it to be honest.

Call at 8.10am this morning.... have I got a few days to spare this week lol? I’m still owed from the last job for him and haven’t got my cis from last tax year yet . What goes through their heads? Real shame because I’ve known this chap since we were boys at primary school.

Call at 8.10am this morning.... have I got a few days to spare this week lol? I’m still owed from the last job for him and haven’t got my cis from last tax year yet . What goes through their heads? Real shame because I’ve known this chap since we were boys at primary school.
Don’t let it get you down mate, they are all piss takers! (y)

Day rate for builders. Covers you for when you get there and spend a day tidying up . Then the don't do that wall yet as we need plumber . Just do ceiling in here for now.

Same. Don’t work for dicks, innit!
One builder who I work for must loose thousands from bad organisation.
I turned up for one job . Customer opens door and asks who we are . I said plasterers . With look on her face I just said staircase ain't even in is it. Off to another job